Tyson Fury's next opponent?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Tyistall

Tyistall Member banned Full Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I don't have an insane hatred for Fury. I actually hoped he would beat Wilder. But he is acting just like Wilder now, trying to fight bums and claim he's the best. He should have been stopped on cuts to Wallin and he could have been easily counted out against Wilder in their first fight.

2. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I personally hope Rivas isn't his next opponent.

Rivas is too small to do anything vs Fury. 9 inch height difference!!!

Whyte's jab beat him last time, and if Whyte can beat him with a Jab, Fury will win this fight with his right hand behind his back.

crixus85 likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    The fact that he had a tough fight with Wallin shows that these "bums" can turn up and surprise us.
    You obviously dislike both Wilder and Fury. That's okay. And, yes, they have fought some weak opponents. Wilder has fought far too many. But Joshua fought some weak challengers too, and was stopped by one. So that's the lot we're stuck with.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I would say Chisora is a good Euro level guy not domestic. A gatekeeper to world level opposition, would make for a good opponent for the winner of Joyce vs Dubois before they fight world level opponents. Went the distance with Wlad, gave Whyte tough fights whilst beating Euro level Takam, Price and Spzilka.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Wizbit1013, Twentyman and Scissors like this.
  5. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I think Rivas would be an easier fight than Kabayel because we know he's just going to plod forward.
    I like Rivas but his style is made for Fury.
    Kabayel, I don't know, he could be bit cagey and mess Fury around a bit more.

6. Tyistall

Sep 26, 2018
    Again, Fury has fought 2 guys in the current top 30. 2. That's inexcusable as a champion. Wilder and Fury could be great champions, but great champions test themselves constantly. That's why they are so beloved. They don't avoid the best and claim to be the best. They are revered because of the wars they fought.

7. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    As usual, you are making a complete fool of yourself. But at least you have learned to use the quote box. I celebrate small victories, so bravo.

You are completely ignoring the fact that a pandemic has made it impossible to stage a rematch Fury agreed to, and that he has a handshake to fight Joshua--the only fighter that matters--twice next year.

He needs a stay-busy to keep in shape and not waste his training. It is going to be Kabayel, who is credible enough.

But good job on that quote box thing.

Murderers' Row and Wizbit1013 like this.
  8. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Well, it's no secret that Fury was off for 2 1/2 years of the last 5 years.
    Since he came back he's faced Wilder twice. ( .... again, you twice claimed he would fake an injury and duck those fights ... but give him little credit for proving you wrong). Wilder was regarded as top 2 both times, and is still rated between #3 and #5 by almost everyone now, and Fury was preparing to fight him again.

I don't know which top 30 you are referring to anyway.
    I'd have Rivas and Kabayel both firmly in the current top 20, probably top 15, which means they are not great but they are not bums. So, if he fights either of them I don't know what the complaint is.
    I mean, they are not great challengers but we've seen far worse. How many guys has Joshua actually beat who are clearly a level above ?
    It's possibly only two in his entire career, and maybe both were old men.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  9. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    A large portion of boxing fans, knowledgeable ones too, thought that Wilder was too dangerous to be beaten as nobody would risk committing to taking it to him because the risk of getting caught was too high. Wilder was seen as superhuman, freak like and, it's got to be said, he'd demonstrated that he had a decent chin against Ortiz. Fury was an underdog in both fights and yet destroyed him in the second and schooled him for the majority of the first after a huge lay off. Whatever Fury does and whatever rubbish he might come out with you have to admire what he did in those Wilder fights, nobody saw that brutal stoppage happening, he absolutely destroyed Wilder, it was like he was toying with him.

Wizbit1013, Furious, kojak and 2 others like this.
  10. Tyistall

Sep 26, 2018
    I could have stopped reading when you said that Kabayel is top 15. But look at the top 14 heavyweights on Boxrec right now. AJ has either fought, offered a fight to, or is about to fight 10 of them. Meanwhile Nandrolone Fury has fought 2 out of the top 30 and is again looking to fight another one outside of the top 30 again. The only reason he isn't fighting a guy that is rated 80th again, is because he is the WBC ch champion and they won't allow him to fight someone that low. He HAS to fight a guy withing the WBC top 15 and it will be the guy at #15 of course in Kabayel, who is a Eurobum. And you are defending this con man?

11. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I forgot that boxers resumes can be assessed on who they’ve ‘offered a fight to’

Smudge_ and Glenn McKrory like this.
  12. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    From a rankings point of view it should be Martin.

From a ratings point of view it should be Rivas.

From a it ticks all the boxes point of view it should be kabayal

13. Glenn McKrory

Glenn McKrory M&S luxury pudding Full Member

Jul 26, 2018
    If AJ hasn't ever taken PED, I'll eat hay with a donkey. You don't get man wazoomas as big, round, and juicy as those with just good eating.

All conjecture of course.

14. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Are we absolutely sure this is on Box Office given the Joshua/Pulev PPV in the same month?

15. Tyistall

Sep 26, 2018
    Right, because that was all you read. Fury and Wilder both turned down Aaj to fight each other for less money and only one belt. They are both frauds