Tyson Fury's next opponent?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Kabayel seems like a good bet.

The alternatives don't look great outside of Micheal Hunter which is not likely to happen.

2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Kabayel or Takam ??

Ummmm, let's see ..... the undefeated 28 year old with an easy win over gatekeeper Dereck Chisora on his record 3 years ago .... or the 39 year old who was KO'd by Chisora 2 years ago .... ?

I didn't even see Takam on the WBC ratings.

4. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Takam is a ridiculous opponent for the WBC Champion to face for his first defence, absolutely atrocious, they may as well ask Oliver McCall to step in, at least he's a former champ and has one hell of a chin on him.

5. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Don't give them ideas !

EJC83 likes this.
  6. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Okay, I just checked.
    Takam isn't it the WBC rankings.
    (but I'm sure that can be arranged if necessary).

I'd laugh if old Arum is getting Takam confused with Efi Ajagba now.

7. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    As much as I like Takam, he does not deserve a title shot but then at the same time I really don't feel overly enthuisastic about Kabayel.

8. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Whoever gets picked it's going to be ****.

9. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Hope for better than Takam though lets not forget Takam was hammering Chisora till he blow a gasket and Chisora hit him with a great shot. He would let Fury practice his work with Sugar Hill and give him rounds. Kayabel nane gasnt been mentioned over here since he schooled Chisora. Be a good fight, he is a mover and is fast so take some pinning down. Fury imo would get to him late or win on points. Be a good boxing match.

10. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Shot to pieces old midget with “name value koogs” or a prime hungry undefeated fighter on the rise.

I expect fury will face the prime hungry undefeated fighter again for the fifth fight in a row.

If this was Whyteleafe or AJs next opponent it’d be takam every time, guaranteed, fits the matchroom template perfectly.

Safin likes this.
  11. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Whoever it is they will magically find themselves in the wbc top10-15 no doubt.

12. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Takam would easily beat the likes if Wallin and Shwarz. Takam best peformances even recent peformances are levels ahead of beating some guy on points that got KOed by Dimitrenko in the 1st round.

That said kabayel would be a respectable opponent. Ajagba on the other hand would be dreadful.

13. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Takam's past it now mate. He's a good gatekeeper opponent but nothing more. Takam's struggled past the likes of Craig Lewis and Jerry Forrest of late. He wouldn't beat Wallin, maybe Schwarz though.

14. Tyistall

Tyistall Member banned Full Member

Sep 26, 2018
    This is exactly what I mean when I say that Fury is a fraud chumpion. He has the entire top 15 in the WBC but his choices are between the guy that is ranked 15th, or a guy that isn't even ranked and is good as dirt. This is not what a great champion does. It's the same thing that Wilder was doing for years, holding the belt hostage. Pathetic. And you guys keep giving this dude passes. A pass for taking steroids. Passes for fighting Schwarz, Sefari, Pianeta and Wallin. A pass for kissing men in the ring. And now another pass for fighting yet another bum. This is shameful

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  15. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I think everybody would have loved it to be Hunter, but I can accept Kabayel.
    Takam should not even be in the conversation as that would be totally unacceptable opponent for Fury.

I was saying only the other day, that I wouldn’t mind seeing Gorman v Takam.

Pompey Junglist likes this.