Tyson Fury's next opponent?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Oct 11, 2020.

1. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Twentyman likes this.
  2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Takam would be a disappointing choice. I can only imagine it's because he's cheap and available. Obviously with Joshua potentially next year I don't think anyone was expecting a big test, but fighting Takam would be little more than just a run out.

I wonder whether the likes of Kabayel have priced themselves out.

3. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Can’t be Takam, he’s not in the wbc top 15 . Old man Arum is losing his marbles

4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It would look like a circus fight.
    I know loads of casuals who would watch the weigh in and see the size difference and say fcuk that - at least with Kabayel looks the part physically

Glenn McKrory and Twentyman like this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Takam is same height as Chisora.
    ... and Fury's about six inches taller, I guess.
    Fury will school him if they fight, of course.

But it's Takam's age (39!) and the fact he LOST by KO to Chisora that makes him a terrible choice now.

6. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Kabayel, despite what people have said, is a reasonable challenger.
    28 years old, undefeated, even if you put him on the bottom rung of the contender ladder, he's there and arguably up and coming. Maybe he's no good but I would certainly not object to him being given a chance to test himself at world title level.

Takam, on the other hand, has had his day. He's slipped off the ladder or hanging on desperately to that bottom rung and at 39 he's heading down. He's had his chances.
    For all that, I like the guy, he's strong as an ox, stays in good condition and makes a good effort, and might give one good last hurrah performance .... but as a man who lost to Chisora the last time he faced anyone remotely half-decent, he has no business challenging for a title.

velagod, McGrain and Wizbit1013 like this.
  7. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Agree with this completely.

Kabayel I wouldn't have a problem with that whatsoever for December.

I like Takam and appreciate that he keeps himself in top shape all year round. Tough as old boots and was beating Chisora in a ****ing barn burner until Chisora pulled out the money shot. I also thought he gave AJ a good few problems before the bull**** stoppage......... however to the casuals all they see is a 39 year old who lost to Chisora and AJ already, so it becomes a hard sell.

For the above reasons a win over Takam doesn't do anything for Fury's resume either. Whilst a win over Kabayel..... he's only 28 so that win will likely only get better over time anyway.

Unforgiven and Twentyman like this.
  8. Glenn McKrory

Glenn McKrory M&S luxury pudding Full Member

Jul 26, 2018
    You're right, Takam is an old man in boxing terms.

But unfortunately the precedent has been set in recent times, what with Whyte fighting a 39 year old, and Joshua about the fight a 39 year old. Say what you will about Takam being over the hill, and he most definitely is, but so are the other two contenders who fought, and are about to fight the so called other best two heavyweights to come out of Britain at the moment.

What we need is game young contenders taking on the best, but that ain't gonna happen, which is definitely a shame.

9. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Povetkin is actually 41 now.
    So is Luis Ortiz and I expect he'll be making a comeback soon too.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  10. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

Good sign this.

pow likes this.
  11. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    And ed is going to dish up Allen and some random women for three shows on the spin.

12. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I reckon it will be Takam.
    To be fair to the promoter, Takam is probably an easier sell to the 'casuals' in the UK than Kabayel is.
    Takam looks more impressive and has been in those UK fights with AJ and Chisora that the casuals can be reminded of. The Chisora fight was especially entertaining. And even though Takam lost that one too .... Kabayel fought Chisora on a forgettable show in a dull forgettable fight.

I consider Kabayel the more credible challenger but I would regard Takam as an easier sell to the casuals.

13. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Sorry Takam would be an awful opponent after coming off a career best performance against Wilder. No problem with Kabayel though as a 6’3 unbeaten 28 year old prospect and former EBU champion with a win over Chisora.

Unforgiven, pow, Twentyman and 2 others like this.
  14. Tom Riddle

Tom Riddle New Member banned Full Member

Dec 31, 2019
    I think Wach needs to earn his lesson for better learning.

15. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I agree, but I suspect it will be Takam anyway.

Heisenberg likes this.