Tyson gives his final ultimatum for the super fight between himself and Anthony Joshua stay tuned

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Joe Joyce is a tougher less lucrative contest than Fury.

2. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Only person who wants to avoid the fight is Team Fury because they realise they will lose. Scared of Big Bad Femi AJ the Landlord.

lordlosh likes this.
  3. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    This is getting ridiculous now. They were negotiating at the end of last year for a March/April fight and now we’re nearly into May. At this rate this fight will be pushed back to 2+ years since the 2nd Wilder fight. At some point Fury will have to cut his losses and take a stay-busy fight.

Unforgiven likes this.
  4. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    all these talks are since september and increased each month, btw.
    0 results.

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    I keep checking back every few hours to see if there's any change.

On the one hand no news is usually a good sign but if there's nothing confirmed by say, the end of next week Fury has to walk away imo.

6. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Fight won't happen till Mcrakens back from the olympics in August. Not enough time and not enough money in it yet, need covid to f*** off first.

On the upside, potential for a Wembley late summer showdown.

Unforgiven likes this.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    On top of all this, now there's a rumour afoot that AJ's trainer Robert McCracken wants AJ to do this fight in September rather than July because McCracken is engaged with the Olympic squad in July and August.

N17 likes this.
  8. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    It's pathetic if the fight is pushed back because of Robert McCracken's silly Olympic coaching job.
    Really pathetic, on his part, and on AJ's honestly.
    I just hope it's not true.

N17 likes this.
  9. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Pathetic on Ajs part ? Please explain. Anthony Joshua nor Eddie Hearn have insisted that the fight should be moved back because of that, not yet anyway. It's actually Frank Warren, Fury's promoter who said that. If the fight really is pushed back i think Fury should just fight Whyte as a tune up before going into the Joshua fight so there are no excuses if he loose against Joshua

Unforgiven likes this.
  10. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Like I said "IF" the fight is pushed back to September because of McCracken's Olympic coaching, then it is pathetic on his and AJ's part.
    I'm not saying it will happen. I hope it's not true. I hope Warren is talking rubbish, as he often does.
    I agree, AJ could just get a new trainer .... hence why I said it would be pathetic IF he delays the fight because of McCracken.

N17 likes this.
  11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Im probably Joyce's biggest fan but this isn't true

N17 and reckless like this.
  12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I don’t think people realise how difficult an opponent Joe Joyce is for everyone in the division and I mean everyone . Defeating Joe Joyce will require careful planning and execution. He is not one I would be saying yippee let’s take him next. Thanks but no thanks he is not the type you fight unless you absolutely have to.

13. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    But Fury is obviously better than Joe Joyce

14. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I think the money will be the key factor not the Olympics.

They can (and should) get this on now and accept that revenue will be impacted by the pandemic. All sides will still earn well from it and if the product is good they can come back for more bites of the cherry, potentially earning more as conditions allow.

If one or more of the parties can't accept this then they run the risk of the stars never aligning again for the undisputed fight to take place. That would be a pity considering the journey the two guys have been on to get to this point.

15. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Looks that they are not Lopez and Loma, these did not had problems.

Now what eddie had delivered for us to see at HW?
    40 y. 11 months old 224 lbs Povetkin vs 252 lbs 32 y.o Whyte.
    39 y.o Pulev vs A.J:D:D:D:D:D:D
    41 y. 6 months old post hospital 228 lbs Povetkin vs Whyte again.

At least there was fight Usyk vs Chisora.
    And now in daily menu will be Parker vs Chisora.

From others just talks. Months long boring talks nothing more. :(:D:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

N17 likes this.