Tyson gives his final ultimatum for the super fight between himself and Anthony Joshua stay tuned

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Everybody thinks they are better than Joe Joyce until they get in there with him then realise it’s different being in there with him as opposed to how it looks. Some do certain things better than him and there are things he is better than every heavyweight at.

reckless, joe91 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Yes but Fury beat Klitschko, Chisora and Wilder. Joe Joyce is a skilled seasoned heavyweight and has surprisingly quick feet but Fury is a level above him in skill. Its just a classic case of world level vs elite level

3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I agree with that

4. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    39 years old, almost 40 years old Wlad.
    Cool, while Fury had after this other priorities rather than professional boxing or business, rich Wlad most likely had normally invested this his next big paycheck.
    Who in the end get more benefits from this fight after 2-3 years in his pocket?

If for fans this is sign that Fury is better boxer than even prime Wlad was, this is one normal casual thing.
    For their bank accounts this doesn't looks so cool and Fury does not looks more impactful and wealthy than Wlad who is considered by some fans worse boxer than Fury.
    Of course. I will be happy to see how Fury will box when he will be 39, almost 40 years old. In the ring.
    To compare who really was better boxer: Wlad or Fury I need to see Fury in this age in the ring.

lordlosh likes this.
  5. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I cut everyone* some slack during this time. Immensely challenging for all concerned.

For this one, there are a lot of interested parties that all need to be satisfied. Any site bidding will have to take account that it's not going to be as effective a promotion for the relevant state with reduced numbers of fans and they don't have to outbid Wembley so they won't bid what they would have pre pandemic.

There's a lot of moving parts. If they do make it then they deserve a pat on the back.

*even boxing promoters

6. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Ofc a I agree. However look: Chisora. No problems to manage fight to happen. There short talk about Usyk and soon fight scheduled and had happened then now will be vs Parker.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    When and if they fight you will see what I mean.

8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Putting Dubois in there with Joyce was stupid matchmaking by Queensbury. I hope they have not ruined him. Dillian Whyte would have made more sense.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  9. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Fury will take Joe Joyce to school. i don't even like Fury but i give credit where its due. Fury's resume is the second best in the division in an unbiased point of view

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I love Fury I just know he will lose to AJ and Joyce is not being taken to school by anybody.

11. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    He got taken to school by Usyk in the Olympics

12. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I agree the fight should be made now, but people are greedy. If John Fury says the money isn't there yet, then I'm certain that's what Tyson will think.
    I think Fury wants a tune up, but I don't think AJ (maybe more Hearn) wants Usyk, and I think the actions and noises from both sides over the last few weeks proves it.
    I just want the fight now, in the UK as a preference (if not for the damn virus).

Holler likes this.
  13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    No they fought at different weights in the Olympics. I think you mean the WBSS hybrid amateur pro tournament. If they fight now Joyce could steam roll him.

14. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Oh yeah my bad. Anyway why do you say that ? Usyk has improved drastically as well. Maybe I'll be proved wrong and I'll be fine with that but all i see is a Usyk UD.

15. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Usyk is not looking as good at heavyweight and Joyce is getting better and better and a real handful at the weight for anyone.