Tyson Luke Fury vs. Deontay Leshun Wilder III & Efetobore Ajagba vs. Frank Sánchez Faure RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Oct 9, 2021.

1. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    “Blimey mates, what a shot! London bridge is falling down, Fury standing tall like the Tower of Big Ben!”

gmurphy, BCS8, sasto and 1 other person like this.
  2. Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2019
  3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Ehh...I bet you are one of those people who make wildly inaccurate analogies to discredit someone for not happening to share their opinion.

I've seen many fights in cinema myself, back when Mayweather began the resurrection of that trend, and the hype was always through the roof...and that was with a defensive safety-first boxer who never willingly went to war, at least in the latter part of his career.

A fight's entertainment value can't really be judged by how nuts a theater full of hyped up drunks is going; they'll eat up anything. Imagine a Triller event headlined by Jake or Logan Paul in a movie theater? Yeah, would be litty-lit. Wouldn't mean they were putting on a FOTY.

You also clearly have no idea of what you speak and haven't paid attention to my posts in this very thread, as I clearly said I did enjoy it. Enjoying it and telling everyone they're getting swept up in the heat of the moment and overrating it are not mutually exclusive. Both guys hurt each other, big whoop. Subtract that unexpected kink in the storyline, and Wilder boxing well in the first round or two, and this played out exactly the way everyone thought it would when it was first announced. But with more sloppy mauling. Both guys had impressive things about their performance (Wilder's early jab, and heart throughout; Fury's ability to rough him up in between laying on him, and eating some bombs himself) but they also had plenty to critique. It wasn't some perfect fight with wall-to-wall epic action every second. I told everybody to chill out, because they were acting like they just saw something once in a lifetime special. It wasn't. It was fun for what it was, that's all.

4. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Lenn was as strong as ox
    He had a great jab
    And he really could box.

P.S: I love how gormless Manny Pacquiao looks in your avatar. :lol:

5. boxfap

boxfap MasterGardianElite Full Member

Aug 2, 2014
    204 page LOAT thread incoming

Choo Choo mother****ers

6. realshocks

realshocks Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2008
    This guy must have been on LSD. Hahaha, embarrassing.

gmurphy likes this.
  7. realshocks

realshocks Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Probably the 2nd most deranged poster. Wilder won 2 rounds.

8. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    In other news, that night of fights was an easy 1,761.51 of fiat for yours truly;

This content is protected

The Gypsy Boy reigns, pick against him at your own peril.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  9. cuchulain

cuchulain Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    He might have won three.

I gave him only rounds 1 and 4 on the night.

Upon rewatching later, you could make a bit of a case that he took round 5 as well.

Either way, at the time of the (good) stoppage, Fury was well ahead.

10. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    If not pizza, insert other widely accepted or liked item in place of it.

I made the movie theater reference compared to my own experiences. This was far and away the most excitement I have seen at a cinema fight, and I have been to plenty of them. I am comparing a sample size of the public's reaction from this fight, to the public's reaction to other fights. I would love to know how you deem that as a poor measuring stick for entertainment value as perceived by the public.

"So you're most entertained by sloppy brawls with lots of laying on each other and breathing heavily, with fat rolls & muscle getting all rubbed and smushed together, with the overwhelming majority of punches from both fighters being wild slaps that don't land cleanly despite both altogether eschewing defense for long periods? Cool. We don't have the same definition of entertaining, then."

Those are your words. Are you telling me those words imply you were entertained and enjoyed it? Come on, you act like I responded to your comment because the Ouija board told me to do it. You are contradicting yourself. Let yourself enjoy the things you love, instead of nit picking them and creating this fantastical illusion of the perfect boxing match in your head that all bouts must be compared to.

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    You're being completely ridiculous. I enjoyed it, as I've said numerous times including before you quoted me in the first place. That in no way contradicts my position that it wasn't nearly the best fight of the year and that, enjoyable though it was, I wasn't completely blown away by every aspect of it.

Usyk vs. Joshua was more of what I want in a boxing match (which is the original contextual thread of conversation between @dinovelvet and I that you've chosen to butt into). Why are you threatened by that? Like what you like.

BubblesUK likes this.
  12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I guess Boom Boom DKSAB, eh?

(along with our own @Tim Witherspoon echoing the same sentiments)

:deal:

BubblesUK likes this.