Tyson Luke Fury vs. Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 2, 2023.

Gypsy King or The Cat?

Poll closed May 18, 2024.
  1. Fury on points

24.5%
  2. Fury by stoppage

19.1%
  3. Draw

3.1%
  4. Usyk on points

43.3%
  5. Usyk by stoppage

10.0%
  1. Smokin Bert

Smokin Bert Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 8, 2013
    There is an alarming lack of hype about this fight in the States. We are less than 2 weeks out, and there has been almost nothing over here. I am starting to have my doubts this fight will actually happen.

Rilz and gollumsluvslave like this.
  2. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    And if that isn't enough in his recent comments(Turki i mean), where he talks how he want to transform Boxing and the P4P ranking. He was mentioning his P4P ranking, and this guy didn't have Usyk in his top 10 P4P ranking, can you imagine ?
    And Usyk is currently Number 3 P4P.

This content is protected

But you know what, Usyk will define the odds once again and will totally destroys Fury. Believe in that my friend, as i believe in Usyk.

Serge likes this.
  3. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Neither one of these men have the physical ability to ko the other, it's definitely gonna be a decision and I think there will be scorecards most of us are going to side eye with extreme prejudice

Anyway, Usyk UD12 (will likely be SD12 though)

lordlosh likes this.
  4. lordlosh

Jun 4, 2014

Firstly Fury chin is anything but solid, as 210lbs. Steve Cunningham who has exactly 13 KO out of 30 wins and 40 fights, and Neven Pajkić who had 5 KO out of 17 wins are anything but big punchers or even close to that. And Cunningham hurt Fury on couple of occasions.

As Far as Usyk and not pursue KOS and your example with AJ i disagree, and there is a big difference between Fury and AJ.
    The times when Usyk hurt AJ, and then try to comes up with combination AJ was able to counter him, and keep him honest, except for the 12th, round, which Usyk goes for it, but there wasn't enough time.
    But the difference you and no one on here also seems to acknowledge is, that both AJ and Dubois are huge punchers, top 5 in the division surely. They also are super explosive and throw combinations with ease.
    And this was something Usyk has to comply with. With Fury on the other hand, he doesn't possess neither the explosiveness, neither the one shot power or even huge power, to keep Usyk at fear of getting KOed.
    So Usyk can be a lot more aggressive against Fury and goes way more freely if the opportunity arise.

I have no problem with your prediction, either if it's for Usyk or Fury i just think people are overlooking Usyk power and that he can win this fight via KO/TKO, which to me will be the result. As Usyk also knows there is a big chance for them to try to rob him.

As far as the Bellew comparison goes i mean in the similar fashion. Usyk literally pressure Bellew into exhaustion and then KO him.
    We shall see for how many rounds Fury cardio will last.
    Good evening bud and let just hope the fight finally happens.

5. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    when you're dancing on the edge of range trying to outbox a titan like Fury it's going to be very hard to find power shots...Fury isn't going to walk in like a bum named AJ and get slapped up the joint...and if he does decide to walk forward he's going to war, you or me something AJ cannot do because he's a bum dosser. Chisora plodded forward with 4 rounds of gas and did decent. Fury has 8 rounds of gas minimum and a giant cory.

AdamT likes this.
  6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Wait, what? That's his personal P4P top 10?

Crawford
    Inoue
    Nakatani
    Clenelo
    Shakur
    Teraji
    Beterbiev
    Bam-Rod
    Navarette
    Matias

Is this a joke?

I'm looking in the comments and I'm not even seeing people asking why Usyk isn't there

Usyk has got to be the most disrespected fighter in all of boxing and the worst thing is he's literally one of the ones most deserving of respect and for multiple different reasons

Hatman made a video about it a while ago

I's like to think so Lordlosh but I don't think Usyk can come away with a victory from this fight if he sparks Belly out cold in 30 seconds. I've never seen anything like this :facepalm:

lordlosh likes this.
  7. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Eddie Hearn is predicting Fury wins by stoppage.

8. lordlosh

Jun 4, 2014
    Yeah buddy keep telling yourself that story. Ngannou fight is very telling who the actual bum is Fury or AJ.
    And Chisora won nothing but the first 2 rounds and was eating counters all night and hitting thin air.

Serge likes this.
  9. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Usyk is so much more than boxing

He is everything there is or could ever be

But ultimately, and I think all of us can agree on this, Usyk is love

lordlosh likes this.
  10. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    I can hear the excuses now.
    "Fury trained too hard; had nothing left on fight night".
    "Fury drained down too much; weakened him too much".
    "Fury feared Usyks movement, that's why he fought so defensively and lost the decision ".
    "The judges didn't get their wires from Al Turki in time so they thought Al Turki wanted a fair scorecard ".

lordlosh likes this.
  11. TheWizard

TheWizard I Got Milk Baby Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Usyk fans have been making plenty of excuses already:

- Ref is gonna be corrupt
    - Scorecards are gonna be rigged
    - Fury is on steroids
    - Usyk will be overtrained
    - Usyk got aged out

12. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Casuals don't deserve to witness this fight

They only jumped on the Fury bandwagon for the 3rd Wilder bout.

13. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Top three sentences are facts. Last two are Furyesque rants.

lordlosh likes this.
  14. Serge

Jul 21, 2009

15. Frankus

Frankus Active Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Same in Oz mate.

Smokin Bert likes this.