Tyson statistically proven to punch harder than Foreman

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Nov 12, 2019.

1. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Give an example

2. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    Holyfield seemed to hesitate when asked who hit harder

3. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    So how do you suggest measuring it?

4. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    Also true!

Sangria likes this.
  5. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    All answer that . No one.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  6. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    One can be a lesser caliber fighter but have a better chin than a higher caliber fighter.

Sangria likes this.
  7. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    And I'd argue that Pinklon Thomas had a better chin than than both, at least for taking single, heavy shots.

Sangria likes this.
  8. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    You have to pick your poison if you bring up Pinklon Thomas (say that 3x fast).

“He stopped me at that time. I wasn’t knocked out cold; he hit me with 16-18 solid shots and I stood up at the end. He punched pretty good, but there was no punch that was gonna knock me clean out.”

That's what thomas felt about tysons power. In regards to who was the hardest puncher:

BEST PUNCHER
    TOMMY MORRISON:
    Mike Weaver had a big left hook, a good right hand. He hit me with one punch and I felt it big time. I felt Berbick’s punch. Tyson to be honest, the first round was crazy because he was knocking everyone out. I knew he was going to come out strong like that, but after the second round I kind of had Tyson figured out. He wasn’t really reaching me with big punches. It didn’t happen till after the fifth round when my glove got split; I got hit and my right shoulder popped out. I would say when I got hit by [Tommy] Morrison it was like being hit by a baseball bat. I got hit to the ribs and my leg came up, I got hit with one punch and my eye split. Tommy hit me harder than anyone else I was ever hit by.

So there You have it. Holmes, Holyfield, and Morrison all claim other boxers hit harder than Tyson.

Also Frazier got up 6x in 1 fight against foreman. Thomas never showed that much endurance and grit in his whole career, let alone in 1 fight.

Man_Machine likes this.
  9. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Nobody. His biggest win was over a blown up light heavy.

That said, Mike was a great fighter imo, go figure.

10. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    The in ring results speak for themselves. Maybe Tyson hit them so hard so fast they didn't have time to feel it before it was lights out. That happens. All I know is that he was left on the canvas counted out to 10 by Tyson. The same Thomas who withstood Mike Weaver and even washed up ate shots from Holyfield and especially Bowe like they were going out of style and still stayed on his feet. I doubt Frazier and especially Norton could eat those clean shots and never go down. Tubbs and Berbick were also pretty durable world level fighters.

11. RulesMakeItInteresting

Mar 23, 2019
    I wouldn't say prime for prime Mike beats Frazier, Holmes, or Foreman. Mike didn't have the heart to beat an FOTC Frazier, and he damn sure couldn't take the Holmes jab/uppercut, nor Larry's resiliency (it's more than likely Mike would have scored a kd on Larry, but from that point Larry starts dismantling him). Frazier wears him down in 11, Holmes stops him in 13.

But then, I'm the weirdo who thinks FOTC Frazier beats anybody. Just an opinion.

12. RulesMakeItInteresting

Mar 23, 2019
    We both know those guys weren't Norton or Frazier...nowhere near imo.

13. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Was Foreman? Lol

14. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Despite Foreman padding his career, I'm sorry, padding both careers, here's both Tyson's and Foreman's record against ranked opponents:

Tyson's record against rated opposition: 22-4
    Foreman's record against rated opposition: 7-5

So Foreman may have the 2 bigger wins over Tyson but overall Tyson fought the better competition. BY. FAR.

15. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    I mean, was Foreman at his best after losing to Ali? If the answer is no, then his prime would be Frazier in 1973 to Ali in 1974. With wins over Frazier, Roman, Norton and then, oops, a blip against Ali. 4 whopping fights that Foreman was in his prime, according to some out there.