tyson vs. roy jones at heavyweight in 2003

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Carlos Primera, Aug 27, 2007.

1. BITCH ASS

BITCH ASS "Too Fast" Full Member

Jul 10, 2006
    First time Tyson lands a punch on Jones, Jones puts his wheels on, and won't want to get close to him.

Tyson will bully Jones into the ropes and give his a systematic beatdown. It will be inevitable. No way Tyson loses to Jones.

Like another poster said, Jones lacked too much technique, was smaller, didn't use the jab, used lead left hooks, and has a questionable chin.

Tyson would have his reputation at stake and this would be a megafight.

Jones is no Lennox Lewis.

2. PATSYS

PATSYS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 12, 2004
    In decent shape for 30 seconds...wasn't he always like that even in the Lewis, Mcbride and Williams fight? :lol:

3. elTerrible

elTerrible TeamElite General Manager Full Member

May 24, 2006
    I think Roy was more than capable of a dominating UD in 2003 over Tyson, however I also think that Roy would NEVER have taken this fight.

He talked a lot of **** about fighting Lennox, Wlad, ect. but only fought Ruiz and moved back down.

4. Mind Reader

Mind Reader J-U-ICE Full Member

Oct 26, 2006
    I could see Tyson knocking Roy out early, but if Roy lasted into the middle rounds, I can't see that version of Tyson able to keep up, due to stamina mostly.

5. thesandman

thesandman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    This fight never ever happens regardless. Roy would never have got in the ring with a genuine, decent heavy with any power to speak of.

Tyson, with any determination, wins this through brute strength and bullying. Of course, the intangible is would the Tyson in the ring actually give a ****?