Tyson was on another level compared to Wilder, Fury and Joshua

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Apr 19, 2020.

1. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016
    in what dimenson did he got outboxed by duhaupas? I swear to god if fury was 6‘6 he would have been not only koed by wilder but also wlad.
    No matter what girls are saying, size does matter.

2. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016
    good to see that you know really know what mike tyson is trying to say. How long have you guys been friends?

3. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016

Yeah sure the fat little midgets from back then would kill any of todays hw .
    Before you say anything about ruiz aj look my post i am an all time joshua basher and always said that he sucked. I said it 5 years in a row and everybody acted the same way as you did and now one talks about him anymore on this forum.
    Unfortunately you can not put holmes or ali with fury in the ring now.

Ah and i dont hate the old hws. I like many of them but the ridiculous hate the newer generation gets is just so crazy that i might come of as an ali hater.
    The end of the day all those threads start with bashing the newer ones not the old ones.

4. Wallee

Wallee New Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2020
    I was arguing with him on another post. He was talking about how boxers are much better athletes now and that they punch harder and throw more punches compared to old school fighters like for example frazier, who actually threw like twice as many punches as these guys now. He´s just one of those guys that wants to convince himself that new school fighters are so much better, smh.

Loudon likes this.
  5. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    It's hard to compare fighters of different eras.

I have noticed that people tend to rate the fighters that were at the top in their youth or early adulthood as the best ever.

Back in the day, there were many people who would never believe Ali could gave beaten Joe Louis.

The people who came up in the Ali era will forever see him as the greatest.

Same with Tyson. If you became a boxing fan in that era you will probably think Tyson is the GOAT.

Boxing fans tend to be like that.

I think it's not worth arguing over. Impossible to quantify. Just enjoy each era for what it is.

6. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    He was shipping shots against a C class guy.

He’s looked vulnerable against many of his opponents until his power bailed him out.

Again, you’ve seen what happens when he can’t land his power.

Against lesser fighters, you can get yourself out of trouble.

Against elite fighters, you need more. Because power is absolutely useless unless you have the perfect opportunity to use it.

Wilder is one dimensional and extremely vulnerable to his lack of overall skills.

Mike Tyson would have crushed him.

Just look at how they’d have matched up stylistically.

Wilder’s huge size would actually have put him at a disadvantage in that particular fight.

Wilder would not have been able to have set himself to have landed his power on such a small and elusive target, who’d have bobbed and weaved his way inside at speed.

If you were knowledgeable of Mike’s career, you would KNOW that he wouldn’t rate today’s guys like Wilder above himself. It’s just an absolute joke to think that.

Again, he was just been humble.

He doesn’t seriously believe that he wasn’t as good as Wilder and Joshua and that he wouldn’t have beaten them. Get real.

Regarding Fury, you’re seriously telling me that he only won because he was taller?

So it was the extra 3” in height that hit got him his win?

It was nothing to do with his footwork, technique and timing?

What are you talking about?

Fury couldn’t have beaten Wilder or Wlad had he have been 6’6?

That’s absolutely ridiculous.

It’s not how tall you are, it’s how you match up with your opponent.

How was Mike Tyson so successful, when he was giving up height, reach and weight in almost all of his fights?

How was Corrie Sanders able to have beaten Wlad?

Tyson would have beaten Wlad if he was shorter.

He beat him on overall skill, not purely size.

Are you saying that nobody smaller than Wilder would be able to beat him?

Your opinions are bizarre.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  7. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Another ignorant post.

No, I’m not saying that everybody smaller from past eras would beat everyone today.

Again, it would depend on how they matched up stylistically.

Styles make fights.

It’s an old adage that still rings true today.

It’s as important today, as what it’s always been.

Frazier gave Ali hell.

Foreman crushed Frazier.

Ali beat Foreman.

A modern example for you:

Parker beat Ruiz.

Ruiz knocked out Joshua.

Joshua beat Parker.

Calling smaller fighters midgets shows us all just what an ignorant poster you are.

You’ve just said that in your opinion, Joshua sucks. So if that’s the case, please answer the following questions:

1. Why isn’t Mike Tyson as good as today’s guys, if Joshua sucks and Wilder is extremely vulnerable?

2. If Joshua sucks, why have you been claiming that today’s HW’s are the best HW’s of all time?

8. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    He doesn’t have to be friends.

If you’ve been watching Mike for years, you know how he acts and what he says.

Nobody who knows anything about Mike, really believes that Mike thinks he was a lesser fighter than today’s guys.

Mike has been having a back and forth argument with Wilder in the media over the past 18 months.

Before he fought Fury, he said that he hadn’t fought anybody yet. And just recently, he’s told Wilder to ‘grow up’ and to try and comeback from his defeat to Fury.

He also obviously saw Ruiz take out Joshua last year.

So you’ve got to be crazy to take his comments literally.

Mike knows that he’d have gone through both of those guys.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  9. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016
    kownacki arreola broke the punch output record. The frazier ali fight was a joke compared to that.
    https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/27326447/punches-galore-kownacki-arreola-help-heavyweight-division-shine?platform=amp

This content is protected

00 in 15 compared to 2000 in 12. well that is sad.

10. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016

Ok wilder was twice in serious trouble in his career. Like real trouble. Once against a 6,4 tall man and against a 6‘8 man. The shorter ones all got knocked out.
    Yes bro size is king in the ring especially in hw there is a reason that fury is the best now not wilder or aj. Beeing tall equals cheat mode combined with weight advantage. If you would have boxed you would know that but you will not address that issue anyway.

sanders himself is 6‘4 which is also way taller then all the old hw.
    Tyson is a 1 in a million exception but there were no giant heavys during his prime so that question got not answered. He got destroyed by lewis thats all we have about that.

a lot of the admiration for tyson comes from the fact that many short man have some weird complex and see themself in tyson when he beats those bigger guys.

11. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016

1. Like for real, my opinion on aj is so low, if tyson would have beaten him I would not wonder too much.
    I mean lets wait to the day were wilder faces aj and he koes in 3 then we can talk about that.

2. joshua was never any good he is horrible. He would have lost to povetkin if he would not have been that old and he lost to that fat midget.
    He got his gold medal as a gift and he should have never been the poster boy he is now. He is the luckiest athlete of today. He should be a actor for blacked.com but hell just quit boxing. Wait for the day he faces either fury or wilder and you will see on what kind of different levels these two operate.

12. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016

Like none of the stuff you quoted suggested that he didnt mean what he was saying.
    He can tell wilder too grow up and still think he would loose to him because modern hws are better. Like their is nothing that supports your claims in those qoutes.

13. Wallee

Wallee New Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2020
    Are u dumb. U are comparing ali vs frazier punches landed to kownacki arreola punches thrown. Ali vs frazier they landed 708 punches and kownacki and arreola landed 667. U really tried to say 700 to 2000. C'mon guy.

14. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016
    my bad 2000 to 1500 in 12 instead of 15.

15. TISONLYONEKING

TISONLYONEKING Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2020
    Never saw Tyson get "beat up". Saw him lose to Evander, when still near his prime. Otherwise, from his debut to Evander he lost twice.

People act like Tyson/Holyfield wasn't a great HW fight. Outside the ring, Mike certainly had his issues but I wouldn't describe him as mentally weak inside of it.

I blame Teddy Atlas for this kind of logic mostly. While no one ever presses him on Tyson being mentally weak. No fighter, in any weight class, fights like Tyson did against Buster or Evander if they're mentally weak.

Victor Ortiz quitting against Maidana comes to mind, when I think of a fighter showing mental weakness in a fight.

Even late into his career against Lennox, why not just take a dive? He was certainly finished... the first flush shot Lennox hit him with should've been reason enough to lie down, which speaks more to Mike's mental make up, than takes away from it.