Tyson's most intimidating look

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by UFC2015, Jul 18, 2017.

1. UFC2015

UFC2015 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Has to be from 1995-96 during his comeback even though he was a shell of what he once was

SluggerBrawler likes this.
  2. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I think it's his Blue Steel look........

Nighttrain and Unforgiven like this.
  3. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Tyson was always intimidating. He didn't need to dress it up.

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Probably his 2AM hotel room look.

5. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    I actually thought Tyson looked more intimidating when he didn't try to look intimidating. Against Tony Tucker, Tyson looked like he just been sleeping rough like a homeless guy. Unshaven, scruffy hair, glazed look in his face and looked like he needed a bath. In his next bout though, against Tyrell Biggs, Tyson was clean shaven, Hair was all neat and it looked like he really made the effort to smarten himself up. Yet if anyone looks at Tyson before that bout, prowling around the ring with the 3 belts around his body, I don't think he ever looked meaner and intimidating. Him looking smart and clean actually made like look more of a psychopath killer than ever. Lol.

rski, Fergy, Howitzer1888 and 4 others like this.
  6. nikrj

nikrj Active Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I fully agree. That Tyson storyline looking directly at the opponent to intimidate him emerged after he got out of jail. Before being arrested Tyson rarely looked directly to the opponents during the pre-fight instructions, with the exception of the fight with Tyrrell Biggs. I think that from the fight with McNeeley Tyson went on to dramatize the stare down too much.

7. Jamal Perkins

Jamal Perkins Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2012
    The 95/96 Tyson was the least threatning..he had a calm look the goatee and his skin had almost lightened in prison.

The two worse most intimidating looks were the 86-88 vintage when he had the nervous twitches and bald patches and Rooney used to kiss him on the mouth and he had lived like a convent boy with D'Amato .....there was something horrific and serial killer like about Tyson (altho he was a handsome man , with a charming voice and popular with the ladies)

The 2000 UK touring Tyson had a brutal look look more thick set and openly aggressive. He had a skin colour that was nourished by rich red blood........its very hard to get that blood rich skin tone...it would not surprise me if he was on testosterone at the time.

Sangria likes this.
  8. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    You are disturbed......

9. alexland

alexland student of the sweet science Full Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Tyson vs McNeeley (1995)

This content is protected

referee is addressing both fighters in the center of the ring, seconds before the fight begins, so Tyson and McNeeley are standing about three feet from each other.

never seen Tyson look so menacing.

it wasn't the fake bravado sort of posturing (which Tyson's probably never done in his life); more like someone stating a routine fact which they are absolutely sure of, "you're going to sleep in about 45 seconds, and after that i'm gonna take a nap and maybe make a sandwich...."

McNeeley tried to stare Tyson down and then he just looked away and began laughing, but never looked at Tyson again.

look at Tyson's face starting at about 2:53 into this video (which is just over seven minutes long, but includes the entire fight)

aside: the presser for this fight was also interesting; when it was McNeeley's turn to talk he went on about just how much trouble Tyson was in for. He got about 30 seconds into his little soliloquy before the room erupted in laughter.

When it was Tyson's turn to talk, this was his prediction about the outcome: "i'm no spring chicken in this business...you know what i do"

10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005

Well, Tyson looks badass to me too, but the fact of the matter is Peter McNeeley was a rubbish D-level boxer and he really didn't seem intimidated in that fight.

11. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, McNeeley gave a better effort than some world champions and top ranked contenders did against Tyson.

Fergy and Unforgiven like this.
  12. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Active Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2008
    I'd say the first fight with Bruno and then Savarese.
    http://freegifmaker.me/video/150052200542249.gif

Whatever drugs he took before Savarese fight, he looked like possessed and fought like it was a streetfight instead of boxing match. Also, he looks to be in the best shape in that fight (post prison) and weighted 222 pound. He bloated to about 234-240 pounds 2 years later when he fought Lewis and Nielsen though.

13. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    Some sort of amphetamine then......

14. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Yep , mcneeley looked like he didn't give a crap about Tyson staring at him. I've seen a lot worse look on guys faces stood in front of Mike. Spinks couldn't really look at, Bruno first fight actually looked as if he was trying to hard to intimidate Mike but Tyson looked just business as usual. Berbick was another one trying I believe to look confident. Must have been hard to do against iron man!

15. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    most people would be looking down at tyson, he wasnt intimidating for his look. It was what he did that intimidated people.