UFC 208 RBR

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by lufcrazy, Feb 11, 2017.

1. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Surprised how controversial the Anderson result is.

It seemed like very much a none event to me with Anderson looking flashy in small pockets.

Some sites are adamant it was 3-0 to Brunson. White has come out and said he scored for Brunson as well.

Anderson needs the Bisping fight, he can't exactly face Souza or Romero.

Maybe Whittaker but even then he's a sizeable underdog.

IKSAB likes this.
  2. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    I don't see any controversy there at all either. Silva controlled the fight, Brunson had his moments on the inside but didn't do enough in at least 2 of the 3 rounds.

3. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    It was an extremely negative fight and there's a solid case for almost every round being 10-10. Silva definitely won based on his being the aggressor and moments of flashyness as you pointed out.

For what it's worth.. Had this been a 5 rounder Silva probably would have finished Brunson later on and there wouldn't have been any controversy..

4. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I didn't think he did either. Rounds were somewhat close until Silva would give the round away, by grabbing Brunson in the Thai clinch, and not throw any knees, while Brunson simply punched him in the face multiple times. At least Silva didn't goof off. But if that is all he has to offer in terms of productive offense, not sure he should still be fighting. Bisping, Bruson, and Diaz are guys a prime Silva would have destroyed. His accuracy has went to ****, and his one punch power has disappeared as well. His knees aren't even thrown with conviction anymore. He landed a couple to Brunson's body but they didn't seem to do anything. Lackluster fight, seemingly bad decision.

5. The Akbar One

Dec 1, 2007
    What did Silva land, outside of that one flush knee, and a good leg kick? His spin kick to the head was blocked, and his Thai clinches turned into him just getting punched in the face. If I pull someone in the Thai clinch, I am at least going to throw some hard knees, while I'm eating punches. He pulled clinch and just ate punches. He deserves to get knocked out if he is just going to give free shots like that.

6. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't have any problem with the decision really, Silva was the aggressor and controlled the pace of the fight. Judges don't score last minute takedowns and lay and pray like they used too, after getting taken down in the 3rd rd Silva was busy from his back while Brunson just stalled. 29-28 Silva was fine, but the 30-27 card was a bit unfair.... Almost every rd was a toss up so Brunson should have at least taken one. As for that weird thing in the clinch.... He did it even in his prime, see his fight with Rivera.

7. The Akbar One

Dec 1, 2007
    Well, I hope it gives Silva the confidence, and motivation to train even harder, and be even more aggressive in the ring. Hopefully he can get his accuracy as power back.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.