UFC 245 Predictions

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Francis75, Dec 6, 2019.

1. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Credit to Usman breaking Covington's jaw. That was where Covington started falling apart, despite having a great 4th round. I had him up before the stoppage.

I think these guys will meet again in the future.

2. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Is Covington not doing an interview lol

3. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    His ego is hurt, but his broken jaw probably hurts more.

Boon likes this.
  4. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Haha that made me laugh. I think Colby is probably rushing to the hospital right now. Ironic because Colby said that he was going to send Usman to the hospital tonight.

5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Very good fight and finish by Usman. The stoppage was fair but if anyone had doubts Colby was legit he proved them wrong and also he proved his toughness and mettle too.

DC said that Usman was the better striker but I actually thought Colby was (or rather the better boxer) and that Usman was just longer and able to strike from a range that Colby had to make up to land with his shots.

DONT B SCARED and ellerbe like this.
  6. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Like I said earlier, of course he has an ego, every fighter does, but I don't think he's as brash as he's shown to be recently. @UnleashtheFURY probably knows how early Covington was since he followed his career.

7. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Eh, he just said that to hype the fight up. I really wanted to hear what he had to say though lol, I wanted to see how he would act after.

8. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Also Usman had a better chin, though both had good ass chins. Don't know if Colby could have took the shots that he landed on Usman. I saw Usman's knees buckle so many times, but then recover right away, lol that man is a real Zulu Warrior.

Boon, DONT B SCARED and Serge like this.
  9. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Not that I care, and I actually find it comical, but the USA chants during this fight, had to be some of the most racist **** on live American sports for a while :risas3:. Like you know those USA chants were for Colby.

Boon and Serge like this.
  10. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    He seems like a pretty cool dude when he's not playing up for the cameras with the persona he created.

Timestamped

This content is protected

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  11. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Yeah, like to me fighting is entertainment, and I wouldn't have tuned into this fight if Colby didn't hype it up and DAMN was that entertaining for 5 rounds.

DONT B SCARED and Serge like this.
  12. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Some people create a bad boy persona and they're still pretty shitty people (like Sugar ''Money'' Mac for instance) but others are actually OK or good dudes behind the facade.

13. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    I don't think McGregor was actually a shitty person. But the money, drugs, and losses got to him. Like Conor seemed like a pretty good dude back in the day, but he's just completely lost his way and is a piece of **** now punching old men. But we're all human at the end of the day. Like you know he was drunk or on drugs when he did that, if he changes his ways, he should be forgiven imo.

Serge likes this.
  14. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: Maybe. I think Usman hits harder than Colby though and I don't think the later is a particularly concussive puncher. He's got good boxing skills though.

ellerbe likes this.
  15. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    I agree. I think he started out a decent person but the fame went to his head and he started believing his own hype. The drink and drug abuse obviously doesn't help in that regard. I don't care for the guy but contrary to what some will have you believe. He's a really talented fighter and is or rather was very much legit. He beat a lot of quality guys and taking on Floyd for your pro boxing debut and Khabib, who is not only a monster but the worst possible style match out there for him, after a two year layoff deserves respect.

Brixton Bomber and ellerbe like this.
  16. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    He was definitely a beast, he DESTROYED Aldo. Took out opponents like Mendes, beat Poirier, Holloway, etc. His resume is actually god tier when you look at what those guys have done after. McGregor definitely lost his hunger though. I mean the first fight with Nate, my guess is he got lazy and didn't want to cut weight, it wasn't for the "challenge". But then he actually ran it back and won. The Conor that fought Khabib, wasn't the same animal as the Conor that fought Aldo, etc. It wasn't even an animal anymore, it was just a millionaire on drugs. I'm not saying he would have beat a prime Khabib, but dude could have created an even bigger legacy.

Serge likes this.