UFC 273: Predictions and picks

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Rakesh, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Rakesh

Rakesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    Main event picks:

Volk vs TKZ: I personally have Volk most likely UD but I'm cheering for a TKZ surprise KO

Sterling vs Yan 2: Yan beats that ass once again, gets that belt, a little bit of me would be amused if Sterling shocked the world

Burns vs Chimaev: we know little to nothing on Chimaev, Khamzat looks like a beast though, im going with Khamzat, but I really have no idea who's going to win this.

Besides them I have Gastelum, Ian Garry, and Rozensruik, andddd thats all I care about on main card.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Suspect.chin likes this.
  2. Tug Wilson Tactics

Tug Wilson Tactics Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2021
    This one looks to be really good. Some decent name value with a couple of sleepers thrown in here and there with Dricus du Plessis and Vinc Pichel. Poor Vinc Pichel is so incredibly talented and crafty, but he's a little long in the tooth and there isn't really any consequence or title aspirations if he manages to beat Mark Madsen - he's almost 40 and isn't fighting a soul that's ranked, so I expect Madsen to grind out an incredibly boring unanimous decision.

It's wild how they have Aspen Fatt and Mackenzie Dern on the same card. They'll both miss weight by a combined 60 pounds.

That Volk vs. Zombie fight is such a waste of a title defense, but that's not their fault; the entire featherweight division is so hopelessly stagnate. I sincerely hope that Bryce Mitchell just sweeps the whole thing and takes the belt before getting massacred by Holloway.

With how much the world has been clowning on Sterling for being a paper champ, I've had it in my mind here lately that he'll miraculously knock out Yan with a flying knee in the opening round. I hope not, but I like to preemptively prepare myself for disappointment. In all seriousness, I'm sure Yan will turn this into a gruesome execution.

I'm not looking to jump on the Ian Garry or Paddy Pimblett bandwagon just yet. It's hard to be too excited for these up-and-comers when they're displaying such horrific-looking defense in their fights, like Paddy fighting with his chin straight up in the air and the both of them nearly getting stopped in their debuts. Regardless, I'm sure Garry will get through this Darian Weeks guy at the very least.

I think I'll go do something else when the Rozenstruik fight comes on. Probably the most ponderous and apprehensive fighter I've seen in awhile. I hope Tybura takes him out for me having to sit through that Curtis Blaydes fight, but I see Marcin getting frustrated and running into something big after a round or two of shadow boxing.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    Rakesh and Brixton Bomber like this.
  3. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Chimaev is a big cutter. He should be at 185. I'd say Burns by submission. He's actually proven, where Chimaev is all hype.

Volk will win. He should think of moving sometime soon.

Yan will ruin Stirling. Yans engine and variety is too much for him.

Pimbeltt is shocking.

Rakesh likes this.
  4. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Volk, Yan and Chimaev will win the main fights imo. I would be very shocked if they don't.

5. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    War Allen!

Pimblett gonna get starched when he moves up the levels

6. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Yan is going to pummel the crybaby into submission.

This content is protected

7. Tug Wilson Tactics

Tug Wilson Tactics Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2021
    He's facing sub-level competition and still somehow manages to get rocked. They'd be foolish to put together that Ilia Topuria fight.

Brixton Bomber and oiky like this.
  8. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Volk, Yan, Khamzat.

Rakesh likes this.
  9. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Arnold Allen is going places

Rakesh likes this.