UFC 73 Weigh Ins Pics

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by boxingcar, Jul 6, 2007.

1. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    http://www.*****************/showthread.php?p=26245#post26245

holy ****..I've never realised how much bigger Ortiz was compared to Evans
    This content is protected

Anyway as far as I'm concerned...
    I don't give a **** about the event...just a couple of fights...

Anderson Silva vs Nate Marquardt
    Antonio Rodrigo vs Heath Herring

and that's about it really...

Ortiz vs Evans doesn't matter in my book (I'm tired of Ortiz)
    Sherk is a great fighter and all but...don't care about his fight vs Franca.

I'm just looking forward to see fights like
    Jackson vs Hendo
    Couture vs Gonzaga
    Crocop vs Kongo...

I just can't help myself...I really don't like the ufc , I'm missing pride...big time. It's kind of a childish reaction on my part but I can't help it. I'm just being honest here.

the only reason why I'm interested in
    Silva vs Nate is because I used to watch some of Silva's fights when he was still in Japan...

Only reason why I give a **** about gonzaga vs couture is because I wanna see a possible gonzaga vs crocop rematch.

Only reason why I actually give a **** about jackson vs hendo is because I get to see a part of what I used to like about pride fc , even though these two are fighting in this lame ufc org now...

I don't like ufc's format , I don't like the org's style , approach , production , commentators ...I don't like Dana White.

2. USMCGixxer6

USMCGixxer6 Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    and I agree with everything you had to say about the UFC.

So **** ya brother

3. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Agreed Boxingcar but the bottomline is UFC is going to here for a while.Unless you fancy watching Hero`s you dont have much of a choice.As for the Evans Tito match i honestly cannot see what the big deal is.Evans has never shown me anything for me to think he could hang with the best light heavies in the world.Iv always thought his way too small for the weight and should drop down to at least middle.As for Tito stick a fork in him the boy is done.

4. Hrak

Hrak Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2006
    For some reason, this card is missing an X-factor. I dont care though, I just want Fedor to become a player and Cro-cop to regain his glory. So they can fight agaist the elite of the UFC, like cotoure.

5. Club Fighter

Club Fighter Boxing Addict banned

Oct 12, 2005
    Sherk is ****in' ripped, dude. Somebody's in for an ass-kicking.

6. WiDDoW_MaKeR

WiDDoW_MaKeR ESB Hall of Fame Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This is an amazing card. You can't call yourself an MMA fan if you aren't pumped up for this event.

7. Donut62

Donut62 Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Holy **** Herring is fat. And Nog has beefed up but looks more muscular.

8. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    It's time to stop crying over pride, put down your soother and enjoy the UFC
    most of the good fighters are coming over anyhow and we can now have a
    "unified" champ in all divisions, I really don't know what all the wimpering is about.

9. AJAX

Aug 25, 2006

Evans is not small for LW he fought at HW during TUF at around 220. 205 is perfect for him, cutting from 220 to 185 is way too much if even possble.

10. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I am so looking forward to this event, a deep well put together card with some top quality fighters. I also like the americanisd production of the ufc.

Sherk looks amazing and nog looks like he meens buisness.

Evans is very underated, he's got a lot in his locker and i fancy him to kick tit's ass, depending on how muchtit has left in him.

11. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    I agree boxingcar, my heart is not in ufc like it was with Pride, youse can keep saying get over it all you want, but i'll never be truly impressed with ufc, just soem of the match ups i'll want to see.

12. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Dam straight :good

13. WiDDoW_MaKeR

WiDDoW_MaKeR ESB Hall of Fame Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I will never understand how fans of a sport can be so attached to one organization. Were you a fan of Pride, or a fan of MMA? I am a fan of MMA, and would love to see the great match-ups no matter where they happen. Trading elbows on the ground for knees and vice versa is no big deal to me. You can kiss foot stomps and soccer kicks to the head on the ground goodbye, and I don't think that they reflect well on the sport anyways. I love brutality, but when you have that in a fight, it leans away from being the MMA sport that it is today and gives everyone who is against it a big reason to oppose MMA.

The only thing that I would change is allowing BOTH knees and elbows on the ground, and would still like to see stomps, and soccer kicks to the head of a downed opponent left out.

Either way... I sure as hell don't get caught up crying about what rules it is under, and what organization the fight is taking place at. I want to see great fights, simple as that. The UFC is where it is at right now, so you should be a huge fan of the UFC and thanking them for giving us these fights.

Crying over MMA organizations like that makes about as much sense to me as crying about whether Oscar vs Floyd was for the WBC title, or the IBF. I mean... I simply wouldn't have wanted to watch the fight if it was for the IBF organization!!:-(

14. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Its not at all like the belts you fool, shut up mate.

15. AJAX

Aug 25, 2006
    exactly, as long as they give you the fights we want I don't care if it's Pride UFC or Bodog.It's time to toughin up MMA fans and stop the pouting :dead