Ufc 74: Bj Penn Vs Deigo Sanchez!!!

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Donut62, Jul 4, 2007.

1. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I dont like Sanchez the guy really annoys me.I was VERY glad when Kosheck got the W although the bout sucked.Anyway Diego gets stomped by BJ.I think the gulf in class is too much for him to bridge.

2. BewareofDawg

BewareofDawg P4P Champ Full Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Is this fight at WW? It would have to be, no way Diego is making LW. Either way:

Horrible matchup for Diego. The only thing he has over Penn is stamina. Penn will frustrate him with his superior stand up, and when Diego goes to take him down BJ will own him and submit him on the ground.

Penn by Submission

I don't think Penn beats GSP, but if who ever wins the Hughes/Serra fight is in for a serious ass kicking by BJ or GSP shortly after.

3. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I'll be buying this card.

4. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    why, I'd rather see him in welter, I still want him to fight hughes again.There is lot of great potential fights there.Not to mention lightweight is already stacked anyhow.

5. demzor

demzor Active Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2006
    BJ's camp denies it..

6. fatcity

fatcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    75 aint bad either!Jackson vs Henderson with Crocop's return.Keep them coming.:good

7. Wilhelm

Wilhelm Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Weird fight if it happens. I'd be surprised that they'd risk two stars like this right of the bat. I figured Sanchez would get one gimme fight to get back in the game after his horrible non-performance against Koschek and to get over his "infection" or whatever it was. Penn as well. I thought he'd either get a shot at the winner of Sherk/Franca or fight the winner of GSP/Kos vs. winner Hughes/Serra.

8. WiDDoW_MaKeR

WiDDoW_MaKeR ESB Hall of Fame Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This is not true. Would have been a good fight to watch... but not only does it not make sense for many reasons... I believe that it has already been debunked. BJ just got done fighting a fight at 155, and Diego is coming off of a loss, and a nasty staff infection. It doesn't make sense right now.

9. BewareofDawg

BewareofDawg P4P Champ Full Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Like he did against Kos? Diego would do 1 of 2 things if he ever fought Penn.

1. Talk up his "newly achieved" boxing and stand up skills AGAIN and try and beat BJ on his feet. this will lead to him getting badly beaten to the punch over and over again, frustrated at his inability to hurt BJ and eventually see him get stunned or try and take BJ down.

2. Try and take it to the ground. I honestly don't even think Diego could get Penn down. He does not have the wrestling that Hughes has and look how hard it was for him to get BJ down. And once he's down there.....then what? GNP him? I think not. BJ will own Diego on the ground. Sanchez is not in Hughe's or GSP's class.....maybe only in BJJ, but that means **** because he isn't going to beat BJ that way.

10. oblate

oblate Active Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2004
    :lol:

11. Mrboogie23

Mrboogie23 what the?? Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I was over at my brothers last night for the 4th and a couple of the guys he trains with at Jackson mentioned this fight to.

I was shocked. I dunno if anything has been signed but they were talking about it too.

12. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    I think it's off anyhow, that is even if it was on in the first place.

13. hopkinsfan07

hopkinsfan07 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    another loss for Deigo Sanchez then