UFC 77- 10/20 Franklin/Silva in Cincinatti

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by concrete sledge, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    :lol: Yeh i always laugh at that when they mention it about Griffin. Only in UFC:lol:

2. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Griffins style kind of reminds me of a street drunk who did a little bit of boxing when he was younger.I really fail to see what he brings to MMA.Watching him get handled by Jardine like a naughty step child and then spitting his dummy out like a 2 year old was quite blissful.Whats even better is that Goldberg actually has the audacity to call his bout with Bonnar one the best fights in MMA history!

3. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    :lol: All 100% true:lol:

4. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    I'm kind of annoyed how all these TUF fighters are shoved down our throughts by the UFC.
    Yes some of them are good but most are mediocre at best.....I mean, Andy Wang? C'mon.....:lol:

5. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Its called Dana White.The guy strikes me as nothing more than a VERY shrewd businessman.

6. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    It pisses me off just as much when PRIDE set up fights with Giant Silva and Zulu! :fire

7. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    I think Anderson Silva will win again but it won't be as easy as the last time.
    If Franklin wants to beat Anderson He needs to forget about trying to beat Silva at his own game.

Or else He'll lose again.

8. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    He brings followers. Fans. Forrest Griffin was part of one of the most popular TUF season. I think that's precisely why this guy is still fighting in the UFC.

If you're looking for technic , new moves or a vast knowledge in the expertise of combat fighting...The guy is an absolute nobody in that department...

But that's Dana White for you....Business first.
    And maybe it's not such a bad idea afterall.

The more fans , the better...

Like I said several times before , personally...I still don't like the ufc , and the only reason why I'm sometimes watching it is because ex pride fc fighters are more and more participating over there....

I do like some of these ufc fighters though...Guys like Penn , gsp and a few others are fun to watch.

I have to admit , I'm a bit more interested with their LHW division now that Jackson , Hendo , Shogun are part of the mix too...and Machida vs Shogun seems to be like an interesting fight.

I'm also looking forward to see crocop vs Kongo , Couture vs Gonzaga.

but when I compare all these events to what Pride fc used to offer us...It's like day and night. I mean , ****....Even the most boring pride card used to be more exciting than ufc's best card. That's how entertaining pride used to be.

+ quality fighters
    + mega production
    + super presentation...
    + 35 000 to 40 000 fans attending live....
    + better rules....

It used to be ****ing insane...Looking back...I'd say it was too good to be true. 2002 - 2006 was a golden era of mma. I'm sure there'll be another one...but right now....It's ****ing far from being the case.

9. elixirvtec

elixirvtec Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2006
    I agree with you. In a stand up war Franklin will get owned. Im not sure what kind of game plan Franklin will use to try to defeat Silva.

10. Coast

Coast Active Member Full Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Franklin's gonna get KO'd in his hometown. He didn't seem to have his confidence back yet against Okami, so I doubt he'll have it for Silva.

Hopefully Hendo does come back down or Filho comes over from Pride. Middleweight is one of the weakest divisions in UFC when it should be the strongest.