UFC Fight Night 142: Junior dos Santos vs. Tai Tuivasa & Maurício Rua vs. Tyson Pedro RBR

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by UnleashtheFURY, Dec 1, 2018.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    ****ing Dos Santos hell yeah!

Manassas likes this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Can't believe Shogun for that W. I guess he's a factor at LHW again.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  3. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Hunt put on a pathetic performance/lack of. Didn't even try in rds 2/3 imo. When you consider he gets paid a ridiculous 700 or 800 K a fight. Shameful stuff when you think of Tony Ferguson getting paid just 155 K for his last fight. Ferguson is a warrior and would fight through anything and never give less than 200 %.

I know he is a "fan favourite" but really Mark Hunt has only been relevant in the UFC due to the lack of any talent whatsoever. There is only really 4 or 5 guys with genuine elite skills and old journeymen hang around in the top 15 or so. In his tenure Hunt has been able to beat crap fighter like Lewis/Roy Nelson etc etc but gets embarrassed against elite fighters. Even in the Brock Lesnar fight he lost when the vast majority of the fight was fought on the feet. Now that says something. Yes I know Brock was on PED's but Hunt should have still been able to land shots on him on the feet.

For me Hunt is massively overrated in a similar way to Nick Diaz in mma. A legendary fan favourite type of persona but gets outclassed by elite guys.

KelandBeave and Oneirokritis like this.
  4. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    It was a poor effort from Hunt in his last fight but considering his age and the wars he's been in over a long period I think it's impressive he was competitive against a young up and comer like that.
    This isn't boxing where fighters build up there records fighting bums the majority of time to build up there records,fighters like Nick Diaz and Hunt especially who has fought almost entirely top level opposition from his very 1st fights and remain popular due to who they are and how they fight.
    Hunt has been the main or co-main in all of his last 13 fights for the UFC and 700k or less he gets paid is the least he deserves.
    All these guys deserve to be paid more but especially guys like Fergerson who while not as popular definitely deserves to be paid more for how he fights and his willingness to be the best and duck nobody.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  5. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Hopefully he does it while he's still young enough,like you I've been saying that for a while he needs a change as there just doesn't seem to be enough improvement

shanemfr likes this.