ufc hall of famer knocked out in a bar fight

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Heavy_Hitter, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Orrr MMA is harder on jaws than boxing.

Lets try a different speculative comparison between the two - MMA fighters becoming successful in boxing is way more common than the other way around....

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  2. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Yeah. Once a guy knows he's got a glass jaw he gives up boxing and says I should be an MMA fighter with this glass chin. Even if he always wanted to do MMA. Sound logic.

3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Just shows what a punk ass sport MMA is full of wanna be tough guys. Most MMA fans are the same they think if they do BJJ at their local YMCA and wear a tap out shirt then all of a sudden they are a bad ass. They like to think they are superior to boxing because they think that there is more skill required to do a bunch of different martial arts but be a master at none. Just shows their level of ignorance and stupidity. Penn is supposed to be some all time great but he is clearly just a punk who has seen to many ninja movies.

POTUS and Pimp C like this.
  4. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    You clearly have no idea about the sport and making stupid comments just because you don't like the sport.
    I already know the answer,but are you able to back up your ridiculous comments with facts?
    There is so many different ways to be knocked out in MMA and even boxers with the best chin would struggle not to be KO'd with similar punches with 4 oz gloves and with elbows,knees etc,which is why so few boxers are game to even try MMA

5. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    What do you make of the fact that Mayweather threw 4 punches in the first round and didn't move laterally at all until the second half of the fight? I'm pretty sure I could take a few rounds off Floyd if he fought me like that. Don't be delusional

Pimp C and MidniteProwler like this.
  6. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Some mma fighters could have made decent boxers. For example, Alexander Emelianenko or Sergey Kharitonov.
    Soon Emelianenko will debut in barenuckle boxing and it should be good.

7. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Totally aside from this incident, I've noticed mma fighters are more chinny than boxers especially if they stay in the sport too long. My take is they're not elite skilled to begin with and ship way more punches as a result and deteriorate quicker. Obviously those 4oz mitts don't help either.

MVC! likes this.
  8. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Sure you could take some rounds of Mayweather dude :rolleyes: and your calling me the delusional 1:risas3:,Mayweather was pacing himself early not knowing what to expect from novice boxer Mcgregor ,other then knowing he would probably come out hard in the early rounds going for the KO,Floyd also new Mcgregor had shitty conditioning and would tire late which is why Mayweather tread more carefully in the early rounds

PIRA likes this.
  9. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Joe Rogan is a comedian.

MidniteProwler and POTUS like this.
  10. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    "It's much easier to go from the cage to the ring than the ring to the cage."~ Cro Cop

11. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    From what I saw BJ Penn wasn't fighting back. He looks to have kept the guy from slamming him, gave him two free shots and got knocked down and dazed. I bet BJ laughed that **** off after it was over. BJ Penn is too tough a man for that **** to happen. I'm not saying that it can't happen, but that looked like he wasn't fighting back.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    DONT B SCARED and Ph33rknot like this.
  12. Incinerate

Aug 9, 2019
    It's not easy to do either. I don't know wtf Cro Cop is talking about. You can die in that boxing ring. Haven't heard of too many deaths happening in a UFC fight.

Pimp C likes this.
  13. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    he'd kill a mother****er

Incinerate likes this.
  14. Incinerate

Aug 9, 2019
    Don't act like you haven't heard of boxers getting ktfo or beat up outside of the ring by ordinary guys.

15. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    not going to lie I haven't even Biber kicked some fools ass

POTUS and Incinerate like this.