UfC Picks this weekend?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Fares S., Jul 22, 2021.

Cory Sandhagen Vs TJ Dillashaw

1. Cory Sandhagen

2. TJ Dillashaw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't see how Dillashaw can win round 4 based on stalling and a decent start striking, it might have been up for debate if Sandhagen didn't close the round as strong as he did.

Fares S. likes this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    f1ght3rz likes this.
  3. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    R1 Dillashaw 10-9
    R2 Sandhagen 10-9
    R3 Dillashaw 10-9
    R4 Dillashaw 10-9
    R5 Sandhagen 10-9

Very disappointed by Sandhagen. He gave us the best impression of Chookagian. Hitting and beating up the air for 5 rounds. Yeah, he did SOME damage, but it was mostly in one round. TJ was pressing forward, landing vicious low kicks and also landed some decent hands. Additionally he landed some TDs and also had some decent amount of control time (body lock and back takes).

I'm not mad at 48-47 Sandhagen though. But in my opinion it's 48-47 TJ.

TJ hate aside...he performed well and had a very good game plan.

Maybe i'm a bit biased as i had a decent amount of money on TJ at +180 but even my friends who hate TJ had it 48-47 in his favor.

4. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    You can make the same case for R5 though. Everyone scored the Round for Cory. But overall TJ landed MORE + had some controle time so in theory you can score R5 for TJ as well. But optics were favoring Cory.

I think it's one of those classics where scoring comes down to personal preferences. Split decision was fine.

In the end the total striking numbers were similar. TJ 169, Cory 171. But one guy had over 8 minutes control time additionally so i don't think it's a robbery or anything. It was just a close fight and one guy had to win. Not mad at all here.

Fares S. likes this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I'll score it a little bit later.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  6. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Sandhagens performance was definitely disappointing, no argument from me there. I think it's safe to say he would have won clearly here he not gone to the well so many times with spinning and flying attacks, even after they were starting to become ineffective and put him into compromising positions. He'll only gets better here, Dillashaw matches up well with Sterling, but Yan would definitely be too much.

Brixton Bomber and Badbot like this.
  7. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    nah, that was a popularity contest. No way to justify tj winning that fight legit.

8. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    i had 2 4 and 5 clear as day for sandhagen. I knew it was gonna be bull**** when they were talking forward pressure instead of the strikes he was running into.

9. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    so easy to know when they are gonna screw a fighter. The announcers condition all the average joe fans with their commentary.

10. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Dillashaw wasn´t just stalling. He was in the superior position and landing some knees.
    But like I said, 3-2 either way seems OK in my view.

11. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    Nobody got screwed here. Miranda Maverick got screwed as she won the first two rounds clearly. Sandhagen was just not putting a stamp on most of these rounds. It was a close fight, you can score it for either guy. If people cry robbery about Sandhagen/TJ they just don't know how to score a MMA fight properly. The 48-47 for either guy was the perfect score and the Split Decision was probably the perfect result: IMO for the right guy but as i said i'm not mad at 48-47 Sandhagen either and if he would have got the Decision i would be happy as well.