UFC's Greg Hardy targets transition to boxing, predicts KOs of Fury, Joshua, Wilder

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by iloverachel, Dec 17, 2020.

1. iloverachel

iloverachel Member banned Full Member

Jun 12, 2020
    This content is protected

Former NFL standout and current UFC heavyweight Greg Hardy thinks his MMA run has already made him the “best crossover combat sports athlete” of his generation, but he expects to solidify that with success in boxing.

That includes an eventual switch to boxing, where Hardy is targeting fights with the big three of the heavyweight division in Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, and Deontay Wilder.

“After I get done shutting this down, handling my MMA business, I will transition into the boxing world,” Hardy told reporters, including MMA Junkie, during Thursday’s virtual media day. “I’m trying to holler at Dana (White). Hopefully we can get some fights in the Zuffa Boxing world, Top Rank, Al Haymon – somebody come holler at this dude because I definitely want to go over there and knock out ‘The Gypsy King,’ make light work of that English cat Joshua, or whatever it is, ‘Cry-baby Bomber.’ We’ll knock all those guys out, man. Of course you know I’m going to work for it. It’s an aspiration I think will come true real fast, and I can’t wait for it.”

2. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    What a clown.

iloverachel likes this.
  3. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Talking nonsense.
    Hardy hasn't even made the Heavyweight rankings in the UFC. He's fought 1 fighter in the Heavyweight top 10 and lost.
    Wilder alone would smash him to pieces, never mind Joshua or Fury.

Deew likes this.
  4. young_wolverine

young_wolverine Member Full Member

May 31, 2019
    He got outstruck last fight and only won cause his opponent had a broken toe I don't think hed do well in boxing maybe he could beat some super low level pros but id pick Fujimoto against him in a boxing match

5. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    At least dreams are free. He found out tonight that reality is another thing altogether.

iloverachel and Deew like this.
  6. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Whenever someone says "best crossover combat sports athlete", they rarely achieve anything at all.