Uh oh Conor Benn. Is this true?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Rick Rude, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Tomatron

Tomatron Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2021
    There lies the problem.

2. Glenn McKrory

Glenn McKrory M&S luxury pudding Full Member

Jul 26, 2018
    What does Tony Bellew think about this? That's what I want to know.

The only boxers ever to have used PEDs are Tyson Fury and Saul Canelo Alvarez. All the rest, such as Anthony Joshua, just eat their momma's home cookin' and do a few press ups each night before bed.

LeavemealoneKoooogs likes this.
  3. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Fury is arguably the best 'boxer' in the HW division with Usyk the other one in the mix.

He turned pro at a young age and I can't agree that he has made his drastic improvements because of PED's. They don't magically make you a better boxer. You can train harder, recover quicker etc but Fury's success is based on his ring IQ, the jab, knowing how to be awkward when he needs too, dirty boxing on the inside etc....... that all stems from working on your craft in the gym, not injecting your arse with a needle.

4. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Nonsense.

Tyson was never a KO man. Now he's knocking put the supposed hardest puncher ever? Ok...

5. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I put that more down to Fury's style more than anything. During the comeback he took it easy on some guys....then was folding Wallin over with body shots but according to his da was as weak as a kitten. Wilder 1 he was light and very much on the back foot. Wilder 2 comes in massive and on the front foot with all that size and weight he beats Wilder up. If you Fury's size your always going to have some kind of dig.

6. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Nonsense. He's already been found to have something in his system.

zulander likes this.
  7. zulander

Mar 17, 2006
    True - i'd want a broader range of evidence first but get where your coming from

8. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    So that's not enough?

9. zulander

Mar 17, 2006
    Not on it's own, no. Was out for an age. Came back didn't set world on fire at first - struggled with Wallin etc and then out boxed Wilder.
    Did the drugs make him a harder puncher cause he took Wilder out? Not for me that was more a combination of weight and style. If he bangs out Whyte, Usyk and a couple more I might think something of it.
    Did the roids help his fitness? Hard to say. He's always gotten up when hit and he's no adonis.. Jury out for me..

Now someone like Canelo who has been busted, got a pathetic ban and has then KO'd people up and down the divisions when he couldn't get rid of Matthew Hatton I find that more suspicious.

10. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Wasn't a KO man when he was boxing on the back foot and flicking the jab out.......... his last few fights he's been going forward, planting his feet and sitting down on his shots. Plus carrying the extra weight. Not really difficult to work out.

11. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    So where did the substance come from?

Lol @ your logic. Literally just described Fury, you wellington!

12. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Not sure i agree. Furys always been awkward...good ring iq etc. Still didnt stop pajlik and cunningham knocking him over and john mcdermot pretty much beating him.

Fast forward only a couple of years and klitchko doesnt want to exchange with him. You have to wonder why. Mcdermot had no problems exchanging and yet klitchko,s hesitant.

I m not pointing the finger really...i like fury and he is definetely one that you could see improving massively just down to knuckling down. But the gap between mcdermot and klitchko,s massive.

13. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    hardest puncher ever, not George Chuvalo…

Likewise, it took him 11 rounds to knock out a guy who could barely stand for about 5 rounds.

He fought more aggressively.

Not that I’m saying he hasn’t done PEDs in the past or recently…

impacted likes this.
  14. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I like fury but let’s be honest his power is non existent. He KOd wilder twice through exhaustion.

he’s also meant to be a defensive wizard but was floored 4 times by wilder, arguably one of the worst heavyweight champs of the last 50 years!

I do think fury beats AJ but it would be a 55/45 type edge not huge like the fury fans think.

I think Usyk beats fury. Far too smart for him even with the size disparity. Usyk will walk him onto something.

Scissors and Brixton Bomber like this.
  15. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    I'd favour Usyk to wear Tyson down.