UK Evander fans- Holyfield was sensational saturday night

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by brown bomber, Jul 2, 2007.

1. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    The shots that floored Saverese 3 times would have done exactly the same to Vlad they were beautiful shots picked immaculately and I think even at this stage he may be too versatile for Sam Peter. The Toney loss was a bad one as was loss to Larry Donald but who's to say it wasn't the result of a temporary dip in form.

2. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    But would Wlad let him land those shots and would he get past Wlads jab now?

3. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    No, I dont think he would. Neither do I see him as too versitile for Peter, especially as Peter beat the man who comprehensivley beat the man.

Dont get me wrong, for all huis nutty attributes I still love old Evander, but he's an accident waiting to happen, and in boxing there are plenty of people who will exploit that accident to make a quick wedge.

4. RichDam

RichDam Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Holyfield had been struggling with a serious shoulder injury. That would explain his lack of combinations. He looked a different fighter against Savarese than the one that was beaten by Toney. He would beat Toney if they met in a rematch now.

5. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    you haven't seen the fight.

6. Irish_Southpaw6

Irish_Southpaw6 New Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    It is cool his career has lasted this long and I wish the best for him in his goal to unify the titles though it won't happen if/when he fights Wlad and remember Vitaly is coming back and could be another champ for Evander to get through.

7. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    I will give the fight a watch. But I think that Holyfield is one bad match away from being seriously hurt, he has taken alot of damage and I still see pictures of the toney fight when I think of him.

He should stay well away from Wlad, that would be a slow and painful beating.

8. Words

Words Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 21, 2007
    I'm sorry but Holyfield could get killed by Wlad. literally. That fight should not be allowed to happen.