UKAD Statement on Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by nurological, Sep 20, 2017.

1. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I actually feel for Fury here. Give him a date he can return and be done with it. Shambolic

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Oh yes, the court injunctions, gagging orders, media blackout .....

3. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Correct.

However that doesn't cause delays. The Furys and their legal team have caused all the delays.

4. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    The thing is, I doubt Tyson Fury really wants to come back anyway, so this whole issue is really most signifcant in Hughie's case.

If Hughie somehow manages to win the WBO title it will be an interesting situation.

5. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    Why feel sorry for him? He has failed three drug tests.

The FACT is that if Tyson Fury accepted his guilt, he would likely have had his case heard already and know his date of return. However he has decided to contest the findings, which is his right, and also have his legal team contest various evidence being allowed in his case, which is also his right.

6. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I get that. But surely its his right to contest the findings, and even with that the timescales are ridiculous

Unforgiven likes this.
  7. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    Of course. It is his right and his choice to do so. The issue in the future would be when he is found guilty, he would likely get a more severe punishment than if he decided not to contest any charges, as you would in any court of law. I would also imagine the costs would be astronomical.

tee_birch likes this.
  8. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    I don't mean tow the line as in go along with whatever they are saying. But there's got to be some cooperation. I can't imagine anything he has done during this case has been at all transparent.

I'm drawing comparisons with stuff like when Tyson didn't attend a Wlad press conference because his car broke down and his phone ran out of battery. Or when he postponed the fight after twisting his ankle 'running' when people saw him jump over a fence at a festival. The constant retiring / not retiring claims. All the homophobic, bible statements that don't quite add up when you put them all together.

The guy is a walking contradiction and does and says as he pleases. It's served him well enough in life so far, but this time it feels like the chickens have come home to roost.

Robney, lawslaw and Unforgiven like this.
  9. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Maybe.
    We'll see what occurs.

10. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    It will be funny if Hughie wins the WBO title this weekend, then if Ortiz wins the WBC in November ...

..... Anthony Joshua will be the only PED-free title-holder in the division !

:lol::lol::lol: