Umar IFLTV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    You're a Liverpool fan but are you FROM Liverpool? Big difference if you are not imo

2. JoshieMc

JoshieMc New Member Full Member

May 3, 2014
    So am i right in thinking that most people want somebody to lose there job and livelihood because they tweeted unsavory things about an event that happend before he was even born? and why are people so desperate to see people get sacked?

3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Question for Umar IFL Umar... HOW’S YOUR TUESDAY GOING?

4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I appreciate your point of view and you may be more senstitive to it than most, but let's not act like none of us have said some unsavoury things at that age?

If you haven't then fair enough but I'd guess 99% of us have and I dont think it's a reason to take the man's livelihood away.

Nobody is defending what he has said but let's not hang somebody for teenage nonsense.

5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I heard one of my all time favourite football chants when Liverpool came down to the Valley to play Charlton in 2003...‘You’ve got Di Canio but we’ve got your car stereos’. I’ve loved ‘em ever since.

6. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    His old comments absolutely do matter because this livelihood of his people are so worried about him losing is largely based on social media. It's based on social networking and ingratiating yourself to people so you can use their name to get hits and make money for having them answer your redundant questions.

But the point is, it's not like being a gravedigger where you are anonymous. Your reputation absolutely does matter in terms of accessing people and acquiring lengthy interviews. He's gone and effectively slurred the natives of the place he's come to get his 'better life' in. The irony of that has already been pointed out here. Umar has revealed an inherent hostility to the hand that feeds him and now things will never be the same, even if he is kept on.

Also funny to hear people pretend past opinions/comments don't matter on major issues, especially when it's only a handful of years back. I bet those same people would never forgive a Nazi/Fascist party member, no matter how many decades passed after the war. It's also very obvious in this case, as always, that if Umar was an Englishman named Barry, reporting in the land of Umar, and had smeared the natives like that, he would not only be immediately fired, he might not make it out of the country alive.

7. boxberry92

boxberry92 Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2008
    All of his social media is under the IFL banner. Therefore regardless when the posts were made they're a reflection of IFL as a company.

As others have said his biggest mistake was not deleting his original accounts and starting afresh when he started working for IFL.

His posts as an individual, I could not care less about but because he is an employee of a company that works with corporate sponsors the correct action and only action to take is to sack him.

Kugan also has to accept responsibility for not carrying out the appropriate due diligence.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    ZiggerZagger likes this.
  8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I can’t remember stuff I said when I was 17, however, I was an absolute prize idiot then though. I was parochial, narrow minded idiot and had there been such a thing as social media back then, you could have easily have hung me a thousand times on what I would have said. We grow up though, and in my time I’ve travelled everywhere and worked with all kinds of people which as broadened my perspective to the point where I can be considered one of those annoying leftie liberal people that Trump often complains about.

I don’t doubt that Umar has gone through a similar transition (although he’ll still have a long way to go). He needs to come out publicly and say this, throwing himself on the rocks so to speak. If people still want him gone then he’s got no choice but to walk away but he would give himself a chance if he did apologise.

Mastrangelo, DON1, ryanm8655 and 3 others like this.
  9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    This is true enough but that's exactly why - as @Scissors notes - you should reset your social media. Especially if you're going into a media role like his

10. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I know what youre saying but i hate this new wave delete culture where people can't make mistakes even as a kid without having their careers taken away and no route back. Its ridiculous.

jimmyonebomb and JoshieMc like this.
  11. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Yeah you should but people make mistakes, thats life.

ryanm8655 and Twentyman like this.
  12. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    They absolutely do and if he goes about an apology the right way he can come out of this better than most assume.

ryanm8655 and Twentyman like this.
  13. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I'm surprised IFL didn't check his social media and make sure he started afresh when he started with them.

Umar JSA Umar and ryanm8655 like this.
  14. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    What nonsense you are speaking. This has nothing to to do with race etc.

Why are you talking like a right-wing Tommy Robinson supporter on this matter? This has absolutely NOTHING to do with race or the "land of UMAR", whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

Twentyman likes this.
  15. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Bring back Jane Couch MBE