Uncertainty of Gennady Golovkin

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by cleglue1, Jan 18, 2017.

1. cleglue1

cleglue1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 7, 2015
    GGG has been blasting through opponents over the past 10 years, thats known. He has been knocking them out regardless if they are A side, B side or C side fighters, what we don't know is how would he react if he were tested.

Is the fact that GGG hasn't been drug into a 12 round battle and doesn't let the fight get to the scorecards skew peoples opinion of him as a possible ATG fighter?

Just like to hear peoples opinion besides the excuse that he hasn't fought anybody.
    Marvin Hagler didn't fight a live body in his first 40 fights, I understand he fought alot more and beat some ATG's toward the end of his career but things are different now.

2. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Its got nothing to do with that. In fact its not even got anything to do with what he can do in the ring

3. chitownfightfan

chitownfightfan VIP Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Golovkin has been mandatory to Sturm, Geale, Martinez, Chavez Jr, Cotto, Canelo, etc, and he's been ducked by CEJ, BJS, and Carl Froch.
    If those big names wont fight him, kindof hard to say he couldnt deal with the adversity.

The HOFers that Hagler was lucky to fight came up from lower classes, and only Hearns, who is a chinny fighter to begin with was near Haglers size.
    Duran was a FW FFS.
    Leonard saw his best days at WW.

Sadly, the best WW just got his eyeball yanked out by GGG, so he aint gonna get the glory of saying he beat a HOFer, b/c he might have ruined the man before he get a chance to further prove himself.
    Also sad that big WWs/LMW with great potential HOF abilities are young enough to steer clear of GGG until he's moved N to 168, ie Spence, Charlos, Andrade and Lubin.

4. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I truly believe GGG is a top of the line ATG, he is far and away the greatest mw I've ever seen and I been here a long time.

I believe the only possible way to defeat him is via ko and his chin is legit but we have fighters @ mw and above (where he's heading) that have fight ending power and that means any fighter they land the right shot on is lights out.

I don't believe he could ever be beaten by decision, that's so impressive. He gets trolled and hated on strictly because how great he is. He's starting to get the fmj treatment, being too much greater than your opposition that it's actually hurting his during career fanfare

The most crazy thing is we have fans, on here and the youtube world that come for nothing else to get a rise so they troll endlessly. We have members here, ****ing members who try claiming they don't see the elite level skills ggg has. That has me dumbfounded

Nobody is unbeatable but ggg is truly one of the closest we have to unbeatable, we have 3 or 4 in boxing that are in their own world's and make even A level fighters look like journeymen once their in ring performances are broken down.

GGG is already who he is to me, he can't get any better, it's impossible for him to get better than he is. He'll accomplish more which will make others believe he's better. He's been peaked for a while now, all he can do is age from here on out

5. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    There is no fighter who can test him though. Sometimes a guy just owns the divison. And spanks everybody because he's just untouchable at the weight.

Reminds me of Pacquiao at 122. He had to move up to find anybody who could test him.

inner2deepz and chitownfightfan like this.
  6. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    It's possible that Golovkin could lose by decison. Hagler and Monzon are very live dogs and could decison him.

Jones Jr. And Hearns could be winning on points until Golovkin goes beserk and cracks their chins.

McCallum, Toney and Nunn would have been underdogs, but obviously have a chance to beat him.

chitownfightfan likes this.
  7. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Better than Hagler, Hopkins Monzon?? Let's not get carried away.

rorschach51 likes this.
  8. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    I'm not saying couldn't hold his own with the greatest ever at MW but to have him as fave against them is going a bit far.

rorschach51 and BCS8 like this.
  9. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    At 160 he'd probably be the favorite against everybody except Hagler and Monzon. Going back to the 1970s at least.

like a boss and chitownfightfan like this.
  10. Staminakills

Jun 8, 2012
    You just named all retired fighters, now if all those fighters were active and in their prime right now then we'd have an endless tourney style box off. That would be ****ing insane

chitownfightfan likes this.
  11. Staminakills

Jun 8, 2012
    Yes, and by a wide margin.. Monzon would be his stiffest opponent out of all. Hagler would be insane but I don't believe for 1 second Hagler could handle the attack ggg would put against him..

Hagler would stand right in front of ggg and fight fire with fire and I believe 100% without a shadow of a doubt that ggg has more of everything and would crack Hagler and wind up tko'ing from too much punishment. Monzon was a serious bad ****ing ass and would be a dream match.

I'm starting to see many in here aren't accepting the fact a believe ggg is a once and only once in a sport type fighter.. I've been claiming he's the best MW I've ever seen for many years and as time goes I believe that deeper and deeper.

The more I break him down the more I see utter greatness, he has offense nobody I've seen before and his defense is so subtle most can't even pick it up. His power is what most claim his greatest asset, that's far from the truth.

His power to me, it's good but his timing, placement and variety are much greater. And the fact he can fight in the 10th round with just about the same everything as he does in round 2 is just incredible for a beast like him

toxedo911 and chitownfightfan like this.
  12. cleglue1

cleglue1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 7, 2015
    So if GGG were to move up to 168 or 175 and have a notable win then he would be considered even on another level, right??

13. Jeremy Kyle

Jeremy Kyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Untill he fights some truly great fighters he will always have some sort of a cloud over his head, same with anthony joshua, I belive both AJ and GGG could be ATG's but they 100% Need to fight top fighters to have that status bestowed upon them. Canleo,Eubank jr, and Saunders are all good win's if he can beat them, The best one being canleo, That's a truly great win, but its still not enough to go down in history, Its a shame the division is so poor, Its not like there is another 3-4 guys on the same level as a canleo etc, Its not exactly GGG's fault.

14. Peril

Peril The Scholar Full Member

Jan 6, 2011

This right here.

15. Eastpaw

Eastpaw Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Canleo?

BundiniBlack likes this.