Uncertainty of Gennady Golovkin

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by cleglue1, Jan 18, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Define great wins? Golovkin has continuously beaten the #1 contender.

chitownfightfan and Staminakills like this.
  2. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    That's worse than a D level post. Do you even follow boxing?

3. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    :deal:

4. blackhercules

blackhercules Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 13, 2016
    GGG has yet to fight anybody who would be considered world class. Stevens? Come on doing make me laugh. Lemeuix a guy with a cute record but who has he fought and beat? Kell Brooks is a cute fighter but not a middleweight. Who the hell is Dominic Wade? Willie Monroe a light punching nobody who didn't deserve a title fight. Wait Marco Antonio Rubio a guy who got knocked out 10 years earlier by Kofi Jantuah in 30 seconds. Daniel Geale a light punching nobody, Martin Murry a light punching nobody Eurobum.

5. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    You think Kell Brook is cute? What are you? Geeeeyy??? :gayfight:

BCS8, pincai, Todd498 and 1 other person like this.
  6. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    A win over a fighter who has proven to be worth something,a win over a fighter you don't have to make excuses for being good like how you here 1,000 excuses about how even though Jacobs has a trash resume and was getting dropped by Mora he's some great, or excuses about Brook somehow being this great JMW,MW,and WW even though he's spent most of his career reluctant to fight anyone remotely good and has only one semi decent win to his name.

You don't have to make excuses for actual good fighters, like I said though it is and isn't his fault 160 sucks which isn't his fault, but when given the chance GGG has found a reason to pass which is his fault.

Not like I'm saying he's a trash fighter himself but GREAT no where close dude is barely P4P if we base it off performance over quality comp. The only thing he has going is the defense record which is funny because that is fake as well. How do you have a defense record that 65% of isn't even a real title.

IsaL likes this.
  7. Russell

Russell VIP Member banned Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    This is one of the most mind numbingly ignorant things I've ever seen posted on these boards.

IsaL and rorschach51 like this.
  8. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    No he doesn't. We both know what that reject is doing here

9. rorschach51

rorschach51 A Legend & A Gentleman Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Yeah now. But at the time Martinez was considered by most the underdog who would be to small and not a big enough punch to beat Jr.

10. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Golovkin is a Victim of other so called Great Fighters Lack of Courage....Hat's off to Jacobs...he refuses to be intimidated and I believe He has a Punchers Chance....**** those so called A side Fighters believe me on what I have seen being involved quite a long time in Boxing they are bad for the Sport and deserve no praise at all.....A Blight on this once Great Sport.!!!!

11. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    If he doesn't it only because his legit opponents refuse to face him Golovkin has one serious flaw
    HE IS TOO GOOD !!!!!!!!

12. rorschach51

rorschach51 A Legend & A Gentleman Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Sugar Ray Seales X 2
    Bobby Watts
    Willie Monroe X3

All in his first 40 fights, all contenders in their time. He also fought Seales a 3rd time, Benny Briscoe & Kevin Finnegan twice by his 46th fight, all contenders and live bodies. He didn't fight fellow ATG's till he won the Middleweight Championship, but he did fight numerous live opponents leading up to it.

13. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Ive no doubt you are a Pollo Canelo fan right ? You prefer a coward that meekly hands over his fake title he is afraid to defend

14. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I am a fan of Canelo but personally regardless of the reason I wasn't a fan of him dropping the belt it may make sense business wise but I'm here to watch fights not business. Saying that though Alvarez had a crappy year and still ended up having a better year then the rest of the top 154/60 fighters. That's the difference I can be critical of a guy I like most GGG fan make excuses and blindly nut hug.

Honestly I was a fan at one point of Golovkin but he's been all talk no action, since he's arrived in the scene.

15. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    What makes you think there are even women involved :cheer:

BCS8, mirkofilipovic and rorschach51 like this.