Underrated fights that no one talks about.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Conteh'sLeft, Aug 12, 2021.

1. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    those were my first legal bets 16 years old. Had a friend bet for me online.

2. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    they werent giving the fight to wink as is. Taylor was a storied amatuer.....bhop and wink needed kos to get a dec.

3. RacingBeat

RacingBeat Casual lives matter Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Holyfield-Qawi, maybe not underrated but easy to forget if you haven’t watched in awhile. Dwight looked great in that fight

captain hook and Brixton Bomber like this.
  4. Eel87

Eel87 Active Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Freitas vs corrales was good too

MidniteProwler and Dannymita like this.
  5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Well, since you started out by nominating a pair of MAB performances, here's a trove of them:

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/the-marco-antonio-barrera-super-thread.514025/

...all save a few (Morales II & III and Prince Naz) pretty damn underrated. :deal:

Conteh'sLeft likes this.
  6. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Rafael Marquez vs Tim Austin
    Jorge Arce vs Hussein Hussein.

7. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I've never seen that but thanks for the heads up I'll add it to the list

8. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    "Sucra" Ray Olivera v Ben Tackie. Think it was the old Tuesday night fights on ESPN. If I recall, both guys threw over 1000 punches.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  9. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I love this fight. Although both grew up poor, it was Greasers(Barrios) vs Socs (Freitas). El Popo the big favorite with the big marquee smile and lantern jaw and cheerleader looking gf (wife?). Barrios' nickname was spot on and you could almost hear him cackling as he did his funky prefight dance around the ring in his overlarge rock star sunglasses and Argentina flag headscarf! You could see him getting into El Popo's head with his antics. The commentary was prime nut garglation to begin with though La Hiena kept them honest as the fight developed. I really thought Barrios was gonna' pull it off with his funky, herky-jerky style...til' he got clobbered at the end there! He got up and it was waved off a few seconds later, wasn't it? ****, I was disappointed that night! Not that I disliked Freitas. There was nothing to dislike! But I had been charmed by the underdog. Great great fight! Props to both guys for a classic.

The Real Lance and Dannymita like this.
  10. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    damn! nice :thumbsup:

11. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Youve got a way with words ..nicely said...I watched it by chance..it was recommended to me years ago and I'd not seen either fight and watched it on a whim... What a classic ..I found myself supporting freitas but you couldn't critisize Barrios....he was a right hard ******* and wasn't deterred.

I remembered it as a hellacious right absolutely separated him from his senses n he made it up and was stopped shortly after.

I rewatched it and that didn't happen lolhe catches a right on the bell at the end of the 11th he goes semi chicken dance into absolute rigor Mortis stiffness.... He somehow makes it up by the count of about 4 and goes back to his corner ...he has his minute between rounds

But he's done and gets stopped shortly into the 12th.... Absolutely brilliant fight with great eb and flow which I imagine would a been an absolute pleasure to see live

Salty Dog likes this.
  12. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    That big right! Yeah I laugh every time I think of how Barrios looked wobbling around bambie-legged with that shell shocked look on his face. Huge balls that guy!

Dannymita likes this.
  13. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Fury McDermott 1 & 2 if you want to see two fat men fight through exhaustion in a battle of attrition.

This content is protected

If you appreciate what it's like to fight in the heat whilst exhausted then you'll like this bout. Pure guts and heart.

14. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    This content is protected

Unreal fight this one.

kirk likes this.
  15. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I know one, but I'm not going to mention it because then the fight gets talked about, immidiately disqualifying it from the list.