Update on Tyson Fury training comeback

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by juppity, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    There's a pattern forming here and it's getting embarrassing. Every time AJ returns to the spotlight and actually fights, fat Fury just releases another 'I'm back' training video or social media verbal attack. Anybody still calling this man the real heavyweight champion needs a reality check

2. YearZero

YearZero Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Fury keeps whinging on about when he gets the license back THEN he will get back into shape and lose the 5 stone or however much lard hes packing. All bs. Whats stopping him? He can start getting back into shape NOW if he really wanted to box again. Most average everyday people are in much better shape than him, just because they care about their health and quality of life. Idiots will eat it all up though.

Unforgiven and lawslaw like this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think people need to take into consideration that Fury has a mental illness. His actions and posts on social media reflect this. Some days he will feel like he can rule the boxing world and put Joshua in his place...other days he will just want to curl up in a ball and die. This is exasperated by the fact his career is in limbo.

Sometimes we see life not how it is but how we are, so his self destructive behaviour (getting very fat, retiring every week etc) isn't going to make sense to people who have no experience of what he's going through...we just go about our lives thinking 'if I was blessed with that talent l wouldn't waste it like that'.

ipitythefool and im sparticus like this.
  4. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016

Stop making excuses for the disgraced drug cheat.

5. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    He's mentally ill.

6. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Only when it suits him.

7. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    When does it suit him?

8. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I agree with the principle here, but all the same I have to question at times just how legitimate his mental illness really is. Or even if it is genuine then I'd question the severity. Of course the impossible thing here is that it isn't something that can be corroborated without a professional and even then can be un-diagnosed. The whole thing coming to light just as the drug test stuff also did just really never sat right with me.

Robney and lawslaw like this.
  9. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    It could be a big con, I could be wrong and be being a right mug. The thing is, Fury has been talking candidly about his mental issues for many years long before 2015. Even back in 2010 I remember reading stuff thinking this lad is a ticking time bomb.

Unforgiven likes this.
  10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Yeah, Tyson Fury came out with the 'suicidal depression' stories back in 2011 or before.
    Also, the infamous "legalized homosexuality = sign of the devil" interview in 2015 was where he was talking about his long fight with depression, and how religion saved him, etc.
    Wladimir was going on about Fury being "bi-polar" for months and months in 2015.

The idea that mental illness was something cooked up in response to some sort of PED scandal coming to light in 2016 just doesn't square with the historical facts.

Fury exhibits plenty of genuine signs of being "manic depressed", of being a severe "mood swing" type of person, and having achieved his life's goal of becoming world heavweight champion, it's no wonder he hit a severe low, especially conflated with negative media attention (his own doing perhaps).

Twentyman likes this.
  11. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    As a poster mentioned above, Fury always comes up with BS when AJ has announced a fight or is about to fight. He's like a bitter, past her prime housewife at this point.

lawslaw likes this.
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    The 'mental illness' is a precarious excuse for Fury's behaviour. He can't be ok to box again one minute and still mentally ill the next. There's every chance he won't get his license back on mental health grounds alone never mind the nandrolone found in his A samples prior to fighting Klitschko and his refusal to retest since... yup poor old Tyson.

Robney and lawslaw like this.
  13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Well, maybe he shouldn't be licensed but worse mental cases than him are allowed to box.
    Chisora, for example.
    Mike Tyson was pumped full of anti-depressant pills when they had him in against Lennox Lewis !
    I remember a fellow called Trevor Berbick, clearly a paranoid schizophrenic.

As for Fury always shouting his mouth on when AJ announces a fight, yes. But that's a two-way street too. When Fury was quiet for a few weeks and AJ was bored we saw AJ coming out talking about knocking out Fury.
    The difference is we know Fury's his own self idiot, and will say stupid **** off his own stupid mind .... whereas there's always suspicion AJ can't even be an idiot without being coached on what to say.
    That's truth.

Twentyman likes this.
  14. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Feeling sorry for him is personal preference. I'm not saying everyone should, I'm not even saying anyone should even like him. I've just been trying to highlight that his erratic behaviour is something millions of people go through every day, however in this case it's documented very publicly due to him being a former heavyweight champion. This is the age of social media unfortunately and had say Frank Bruno had an outlet like this during his career, we may have seen some erratic behaviour from him too.

Unforgiven likes this.
  15. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree with this 100%. I wish someone around him would take him off social media and away from public speaking for a while. Joshua rattling his cage, goading him to fight from his position is poor imo. Even Wilder left him alone and wished him a recovery.