Updated heavyweight rankings

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wig, Sep 15, 2019.

1. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Actually I already mentioned Whyte by saying him and takam both got stopped by Joshua.

Most of whytes knockdowns he has suffered are more a combination of poor balance footwork and exhaustion and the aj ko was just a brilliantly timed punch I don’t think Whyte has a price level chin but it’s great though but credit to him he took some bombs from chisora got wobbled a lot but never got his lights turned off.

2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Oh really.... oh wow - excuse me.

So the OPs content isn't at all insulting to the men who go out there, train hard, and risk their lives to be put in a box of "no heart" "no chin" and "no brain"

Oh how lovely... so binary too! Forget IQ level, you either brainless or brainy.

Let's use the same strategy on yourself and see how it makes you feel.

Citizen Smith
    Brain? No
    Ability to generate money? No
    Ability to make love to a woman? Haha no
    Ability to use a keyboard? Yes
    Ability to make someone happy? No

*Just an example, of course I don't believe any of the above to be true. I don't know you personally.

This thread is this most insulting, denigrating content I have come across in my life, I can almost forgive fighters getting called bums, in comparison to this thread.

3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Did you see how many bombs he took from AJ? He took more punishment than anyone else AJ has fought.

4. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    It’s a binary ranking system. By its very nature it will create discussion, which I think is what a forum is for.

The categories aren’t mine, they come directly from the greatest boxer of his generation Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I’ll take his lead over someone from the internet who chooses to feel degraded and violated defending the honour of some professional boxers who don’t even know they exist.

Personally, whilst this ranking isn’t perfect, I’ll take it any day over punch stats and boxrec warriors. For me this is the closest thing I’ve seen to truly capturing the essence of the sweet science.

5. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Aydamn:

No HEART
    No CHIN
    No BRAIN

Boxingfan200 and carllo90 like this.
  6. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    This thread went left real quick lol, playground arguments all round.

Twentyman likes this.
  7. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    I stand by this post

@Wig does Dillian still have heart? He quit pretty bad against Povetkin.

8. Wig

May 31, 2010
    Dillian Whyteleafe

NO Brain
    NO Chin
    YES Heart

can’t knock Whyteleafe’s heart I don’t doubt he’d have got up to take more punishment from the shot old ghost of old Alec povetkin if he could have done.

povetkin was a shot to pieces old man when he gave Joshua kittens for a few rounds a couple of years ago. Today he’s even more shot than that Other saggy backed Eastern European old man aj went life and death with on the Wembley big tellies.

Shot old Alec should hang em up.

Twentyman likes this.
  9. Girlfighter

Girlfighter New Member Full Member

May 2, 2018
    Totally agree with this. We're always trying to fit guys into this slot or that slot. When in reality the ranking is always vague. And in a sport like boxing, where all combatants go through a different path to success, ranking is largely a guessing game.

10. Wig

May 31, 2010
    Great post. Btw I fight girls too, find they are rubbish at taking flush shots on the jaw.