Updated: Top 5 Heavyweight Rankings

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by notjustacasual, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I don't see how I can include someone who hasn't beaten a top 40 fighter in almost 4 years. Fury certainly did have skillset before his retirement, wheather he still does remains to be seen. Fury turning down fights against AJ, Wilder and Whyte to fight Schwarz and Wallin doesn't fill me with confidence and stinks of Haye like return. If he beats someone like Usyk, Ruiz , AJ, Whyte, Povetkin,Parker, Pulev and Hunter then I would put in my rankongs.

juhave likes this.
  2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Surely his performance against Wilder shows he's still got the skill, even if officially it wasn't a win. Pretty clear to see that he performed very well there.

3. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Not really, average fighters such as Washington and Spzilka were out boxing Wilder in their fights. Both of whom have dealt with much easier by the likes Milller, Kownacki and Chisora.

4. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    It doesn't mater if you out box Wilder the question is do you beat him ?If we went on that then what kind of criteria are you using ? lol

If you thought Fury won the fight against Wilder he's above Wilder.

If you knew Wallin would be a difficult fight that doesn't get a negative . We know you didn't on the other thread. It enables you to manipulate the ranking but in reality Wallin caused fury to fight by stopping what he usually does .

You Have Ruiz at number one ,why is AJ over Parker ? This is what you are doing.

Hunter at 8 ? Come'on i got trolled here bc i said he was a 50/50 vs Usyk at CW but said Usyk was a safer bet ( turned out to be his second toughest fight so far ). Now everyone's actually hyping him up and no one says anything ?

Wilder outside top 6 ? Not believable at the moment.

I CAN understand people pushing back Ortiz ,hes done really zero in his career beyond hurt Wilder 2 years ago. Fury fought Wilder not long ago ,its not like he disappeared for years like you guys made it out to be. It was actually Wilders fault why it wasnt next. Stil has nothing to do with a very bad scorecard when they actually fought.

Whyte at 3 ? Cant see how either . But its not as off as some you have.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  5. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hmm ok then. I just think you don’t really like Fury so will never give him any credit at all.

6. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    AJ is number 2 beacuse AJ had by far the best resume and Ruiz beat him when AJ was clear number 1.

I have whyte in as number 3 as he has next impressive resume with best current win streak in the divisons.

Hunter number 8 as has put together decent run of victories in an impressive manor against Bakole, Ustinov (both at very short notice) and Kuzmin.

As for questioning me rating Wilder so low its because the other fighters I have above have more impressive resumes.

7. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    I give him Fury plenty of credit for his Wlad and Chisora 2 performances.

8. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Resumes would tell you Fury is above them ,wins over Klitschko and Wilder so no real reasoning why you don't rank him.

Resumes would put A\J at Number one if that is your criteria.

Ruiz can only be 1 if you believe he'll win the rematch or you are going off the opponents last fight ? This would bring back the question of Whyte at number 3 ?

What do you have Rivas ranked bc that is Whytes best win next to Parker ? Theres literally no reason to have him at 3.

9. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Fury hasnt beaten any top 40 fighter in almost 4 years?

I have Rivas in the top 15 (his best win is Jennings who also happens to be Ortiz and Joyce best win).

Compare Wilder & Whytes top wins:

Parker is a more impressive win than Ortiz.

Rivas is a more impressive win than Duhaupas.

Chisora is more impressive win over Brezeale.

10. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Whytes top win was Parker off a loss to AJ. Which shouldn't detract to much but that is a fact.

Wilder best win was to a very dangerous Ortiz at that time even in some questionable things going on there.

Parker hasn't fought Wilder therefor he doesn't get a bump up by defeualt. just bc he defeated Ruiz ( in a fight I think he lost) .

Duhaupas isn't even a factor here, Fury has a win over Chisora why aren't you counting that if you are counting it for Whyte ? Come 'on your playing Ring around the Rosey here,and it work work. lol

Ruiz resume reads Aj ,that's it on paper. You ranked him number 1 ?

Furys resume would read Klitschko /Wilder ,but gets no ranking ? HUH

Whyte would read Rivas not a top 10 guy and Parker who has no wins on the current TOP 3 at that tijme which were AJ,Fury and Wilder .

Is Parker more impressive then Ortiz ? It doesn't matter , Ortiz is more proven then Hunter at least right now and you didn't rank him either .

11. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Nigel Benn has an impressive resume and is coming back out of retirement. Should he be ranked number 1 despite not beating top 40 opposition in a number of years?

Hunter resume of beating Bakole, Kuzmin and Ustinov is more impressive than Ortiz s wins over Jennings and Hammer.

Ruiz just came off beating the number 1 in division with the best record. AJ beat the number 1 at the time in Wlad, beat 2 at the time rank number 3s in Povetkin and Parker. AJ also holds a win over a guy who since put together the most impressive win streak in the divison.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  12. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Benn is 53 and what does he have to do with ranking HW's who recently fought ?

Do you think Fury defeated Wilder ?

Are you aware Whyte last fought a guy out if the top 10 his last fight ,you admitted hes 15 ? That according to you gets him over Fury who fought Wilder who was the actual champion at the time other then AJ.? illogical at its best right there.

Ortiz isn't ranked on his wins ,its his performance with Wilder and ability to not lose rounds. How is Hunter rnaked over him based on anything? Not even the Usyk fight can get him a top 10 HW spot yet bc it wasn't a HW fight. If he fights Povetkin I got a feeling you guys will once again forget about another guy you were ranking ? lol

I swear everytime someone does a random ranking with HW's with no criteria you guys make your own reasonings and it doesn't add up. You almost make me do ANOTHER one. I refuse to though anytime soon bc its just repeated after repeated same old same old and the forum run is to trollish ,its to bad bc had I done one bf the Fury fight it would have shown everyone on it how Wallin was going to sneak in a top spot.

IDK if I start drinking maybe i'll convince myself ?:drink9: