Usyk accepts 70/30 deal, the fight is on!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Sep 27, 2022.

Fury vs. Usyk, who you got?

1. Fury Points

24.9%
  2. Fury KO

16.1%
  3. Draw

2.1%
  4. Usyk Points

50.8%
  5. Usyk KO

6.2%
  1. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    This isn't the case though. Just look at Chisora's numbers before and after fighting Usyk. It is chalk and cheese. UK boxing fans are willing to part with their cash to see the undisputed cruiserweight champion and P4P#1. Then, beating Joshua twice will have lifted his appeal further

This content is protected

Chisora vs.
    2018: Whyte (TBRB #3) = 438,000
    2020: Usyk (TBRB #10) = 1,059,000
    2021: Parker (TBRB #9) = 145,000
    2022: Fury (TBRB #Champion) = 500,000 [unreleased]

BCS8 likes this.
  2. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Your not fooling anybody you only tolerate Usyk because he hasn't had to take out any elite American hero's on his path to greatness. Fury on the other hand beat the living crap out of Wilder. So it is easier for you to pretend to like Usyk.

3. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Whatttt?!!!??? I agree with C.J? Es Un Milagro....

4. Redbeard7

Redbeard7 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2022
    1. 6'8, 85 inch reach, 265 lbs, roughhouse vs 6'3, 78 inch reach, 220 lbs, clean

2. 10 round RTD/TKO shutouts against Chisora vs 7-5 official decision against Chisora

3. Stopped Wilder x2, Cunningham, Chisora, Hammer vs stopped Mchunu, shopworn Huck, Bellew

4. 2 hours and 13 minutes of pro ring time against his seven southpaw opponents, can box southpaw himself

5. Fury will not underestimate Usyk or lack motivation, focus-wise this will be the Fury from the 2nd Wilder fight

Finkel and Thunderstorm like this.
  5. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Do you really think Usyk was fighting 100% vs Chisora or Bellew?

He doesn't come out of 1st/2nd gear unless necessary.

6. Pierre_Coetzer

Pierre_Coetzer Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2022
    I think that is valid for both fighters.... Fury was last pushed by Wilder.... So been a while and he toyed with the rest....

7. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    I think we'll see Usyk at 100% for Fury. Fury's performance will be interesting.

8. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Agreed. I remember the commentary team getting awfully excited when it appeared Bellew was having early success. I've watched that fight a few times back, and it's obvious to me that Usyk is going through the gears at the beginning of the fight. He was letting Bellew use up everything he had early.

9. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    Usyk often starts fights slow and builds up to finish a fight strong. Against Joshua he shocked everyone by starting in 3rd gear and then slowing down in the middle rounds and then finishing strong again.

I have a feeling Usyk will start slow vs Fury and then pick up the pace later to avoid gassing early and being man handled.

He needs to save that energy.

10. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    I'm not sure if he can against Fury, especially if it happens at Wembley. It would be foolish to give Fury a headstart and let him nick the early rounds because I think it could well go to decision and be very close.

Against Bellew or Joshua, Usyk could afford to do this.

Rumsfeld and Finkel like this.
  11. Pierre_Coetzer

Pierre_Coetzer Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2022
    Think it is universal with many of good boxers including Fury at times.... They take those few rounds to figure and learn from opponents and then applies strategy and adapts. This fight is going to be a chess match

12. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Nice points.

It will be interesting to see if Fury uses switch hitting in this fight

Redbeard7 likes this.
  13. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Agreed, I can see the early rounds being very tight. Usyk ups the gears in the mid rounds, Fury tries to make the fight far dirtier in the latter third.

I can see many outcomes where either fighter wins - going to be fascinating but may not be the most casual-friendly watch.

Jackman65 likes this.
  14. Goran_

Goran_ Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 27, 2018
    I am VERY skeptical about that 1M figure man.. I wouldn't mind if it was real tbh... I would be glad that British fans are more discerning and appreciate real talent but I just don't buy it.. below is a discussion thread on it.. I tend to agree with the sentiment of it, that it's basically BS.. i mean Usyk hadn't even beat Joshua then & had only had one fight since 2018:

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/usyk-v-chisora-ppv-buys.661573/

& like I originally said, if British fans love him so much then it should be backed up by his non uk fights too right? For example I wonder what his viewing figures in the UK for the Super series were? Believe what you want tho I dont really care

15. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    If it's a chess match Usyk wins. Fury needs to make this a dog fight. He should be able to walk forward and take Usyk's punches and smother him.

The more of a boxing match this is, the more Usyk's chances increase.