Usyk accepts 70/30 deal, the fight is on!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Sep 27, 2022.

Fury vs. Usyk, who you got?

1. Fury Points

24.9%
  2. Fury KO

16.1%
  3. Draw

2.1%
  4. Usyk Points

50.8%
  5. Usyk KO

6.2%
  1. Mister Pugilist

Mister Pugilist Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2022
    In the back of my mind I always thought this. Like it makes sense they would possibly do something ina England vs Ukraine match at wembley. Is this a hunch though or do you have some insider info?

DramaShow likes this.
  2. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I mean it's a European qualifier, it's not a friendly. I don't know if UEFA are ****ing with two boxers promoting their fight at half time tbh.

Gareth Priest likes this.
  3. GGGfans

GGGfans Active Member Full Member

Dec 27, 2017
    The meeting has been planned for a long time? Surprising that no one thought of it before.
    The announcement would be great but is still late for a fight on April 29.

4. Clout

Clout New Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2022
    6 weeks does seem an awfully short amount of time. People are saying that they are already in training, etc. but you also need an undercard. Have they all been arranged too, are they all in training? I doubt it, or I'm sure something would have leaked. Re. Lewis v Klitchko (as an example of a fight of this magnitude that was arranged late), the undercard and promotion was already well underway, and only the opponent changed.

That said, given the kind of undercards Warren / Arum have previously delivered, I'm not sure my point holds. It's not going to be world title fights or other heavyweight contenders fighting each other on the undercard

5. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Could it be the fight is arranged and they've some great PPV deal which makes them not being so concerned for the tickets, relying also on the fact that the fight itself is unique and generated great interest already? Sure, it's a serious income, but the bigger money come from the TV and advertisements.

6. Mister Pugilist

Mister Pugilist Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2022
    This content is protected

OldNUgly, Rumsfeld and Leeroy84 like this.
  7. OldNUgly

OldNUgly New Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2023
    If we run with Rummy's thoughts, that's its all pre-agreed to, and the fight's been set for awhile...

What Fury needs is an Ali: another big **** talker who could match him word for word and would make this fight set a PPV record so high it would make Hearn have a wet dream. Usyk physically matches up incredibly well with Ali but Usyk barely speaks English so in comes Krassyuk! :)

8. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    It does make sense that all the public social media statements are merely concocted back and forth arguments that are carefully scripted to generate anticipation among the customers (the PPV buyers)

As has been said, it may all already be set, but they don’t want that yet known, as this “uncertainty” that Usyks “why don’t you sign, greedy belly!” statements are creating is keeping the customers (us) checking on the latest news on it, every day. I know I do !

but this close, I would think being “set in stone “and “is now a certainty” would be the promotion’s next step.

In fact, I would’ve thought being “set in stone so the customers can plan accordingly and get h their plans made” would’ve been the next step a couple three weeks ago

DramaShow and Rumsfeld like this.
  9. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Ahh ... I don't even want to think about it. That whole saga was draining and this is the same.

I've gone from quite liking Fury to being totally fed up with him. Same thing that happen with Haye.

Jackman65 likes this.
  10. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    He has accepted a ****, man. Fury wants 70% and he doesnt move from that. What a shame and what a clown.

No way. That damned fight will never happen because of Fury of course.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    kiwi_boxer and Jackman65 like this.
  11. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    I don't like Fury or Joshua and yes is the answer to your question.

Gareth Priest likes this.