Usyk at 254?!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JacK Rauber, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Caliboxing

Caliboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    I hope glass chins are not contagious. I saw that supposed weight gain info in a vid yesterday but don't believe it. I predict 226lbs for Usyk.

2. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Haha, Funny.

3. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    I think Usyk will weigh the same as in the 1st match.

He was perfect in the 1st match, so why make changes?

- If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    (Thomas Bertram Lance, 1977, Georgia)

4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Wouldn't be surprised if one of the others landed something big on AJ's chin and knocked him out

5. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm predicting 224 lbs.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  6. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Oh, another thread of the same garbage. Usyk and his team ain't idiots. Stop with this nonsenses. Stop with the nonsenses, aka "he is making terrible mistake" and all that garabge.

He is going to be the same or close to it. Just look at his recent pic with his sparing partners. He doesn't look much bigger, if he is a bigger at all.
    Some people on this board think they know better than a Undisputed CW GOAT, and also Unified HW Champion, who also achieved everything in the amateurs and have 350 fights.

Stop with the nonsenses.

iii and kiwi_boxer like this.
  7. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Chomsky had a cold recently and, as usual, the first thing he did was call Amir and see if he could fill in for him at a linguistics lecture. Amir apologised, said he really wanted to help Noam out but he was really very extremely busy trying to staple the peel back onto an apple he had some of earlier that day for breakfast.

Levook likes this.
  8. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    Lol, that's hilarious - poor old Bruce!

9. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    He wants to try and knock AJ out and obviously concerned that AJ is coming to knock him out so they feel if he is bigger might be better able to absorb AJ’s power. Very intriguing. Personally think it’s a mistake if his speed and movement is compromised.

10. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Usyk is an intelligent boxer, if this is the right strategy, Usyk and his team are the ones to know it.

At the end of the day THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE TRIED TO MAKE US BELIEVE BEFORE THE FIRST FIGHT, and then he came in at 221. He released videos of himself looking huge, and he turned out not as big as we thought.

THIS IS MIND GAMES.

At most Usyk will be 225-230.

11. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    His body looks downsized in that clip. He’ll probably come in at around 100 kg, maybe even less.

12. CLUBBER

CLUBBER C.R.A.B. BOXING Full Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Usyk will come at 235 MAX...Dont forget he lost a lot of weight in Ukraine when he was in the military...

13. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    That didn't actually happen. His wife created that rumour and said he lost 22lbs in a week.... which wouldn't happen even if you ate nothing for an entire week. You could starve yourself and not lose half of that in a week.

Usyk probably lost no weight. He;s only been training since around April-August - 4 months.

If he really is bigger this time, he's put on a good 5lbs at least, so around 226lbs.

There's no way he could have bulked up that much in that time if he'd lost a tonne of weight, unless he's been juicing hard.

In reality, he probably lost nothing, and the rumours he lost weight are just mind games.

225lbs is just over 16 stone, and enough for Usyk.

That was the same weight as Povetkin I believe.

14. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    You would be surprised, but if you nervious and don't eating anything, you could lose a lot of weight.

lordlosh likes this.
  15. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    Agreed, but the 22lbs thing was a rumour created by his wife and could so easily be BS. There's no way to prove it, and could easily be a miscommunicated number, utilized by the papers to create a story.

22lbs in one week is insane weight loss, and if the average soldier is losing that much that quickly they'd be corpses before they fired a weapon.

Even if you starved yourself you'd not lose that much in a week.