Usyk Better Than Holyfield? That is Insane

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bowerboy, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Usyk is no where near Holyfield at the moment. If he wins HW title we can reopen this thread.

PunchersChance. likes this.
  2. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    u shuld take the fact that Fields had two more defences than Usyk.

christ thats not something personal its just a numerical fact, a slight one as I said.

3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    ver rrbrw v r yc rtvh r bh cev yj fjc vghbvumbtn

Aydamn likes this.
  4. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Cool story.

Usyk couldn't shut out Maris Bredis and had to work very hard to get the decision on my card. I fully suspect that the faster and more fluid Holyfield would at the very least do as well as Maris....and probably better.

Man_Machine and roughdiamond like this.
  5. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    CW was a different weight limit when Holyfield was fighting at the weight to when Usyk was fighting at the weight.
    I really don't believe that Usyk in the current CW limit would have been having as tough a fight against a small LHW at CW

6. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Im not really allowed to speak on this topic but its distespectful to Evander.

7. Dario Argento

Dario Argento The exotic Waitress banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    maybe Evander could share some of that roid juice he was taking?

8. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Agree. Holyfield would have beaten him up eventually imo. People go on about usyks wins. It is quite an impressive list. I still see them as average opponents in comparison to guys in holyfields day. Even guys that we,re thought of as useless in holyfields day had a lot of different tools. They would have been good fighters today. I dont think usyks beat anyone as good as qawi.

I see similar with say mike tyson and joshua. Tyson fought a lot of so called no hopers early in his career. Some pretty much we,re. Probably ranked lower than the guys joshua fought. But watching the guys tyson took on...they actually had a lot of different tools. They could move about the ring. Punch on the move. Throw a decent jab. Had a lot better variety than todays fighters. Even the low ranked guys could properly fight. Then you see joshua fighting guys quite highly ranked. That dont really have any tools. Cant move around the ring. Cant punch on the move. Cant jab. No variety.

Off on a tangent. But people see guys like usyk cleaning up today and compare it to when holyfield cleaned up. The difference is the guys usyk beat would struggle in holyfields day. Tony bellew would have been battered by most guys in the top 20. Same with a few other of usyks big wins imo. Top ten in hllyfields day would beat them.

9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    1. Clean Usyk vs Evan Fields on every PED known to man?

2. Clean Usyk vs clean Holyfield?

3. Or how's about Usyk on every PED known to man vs clean Holyfield?

3 is outrageous and totally unfair but 1, as per usual, is perfectly fine.

This content is protected

10. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    so name 1 thing that Holyfield does better than Usyk.

11. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    PEDs???

12. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    What Usyk did at cruiserweight was box sixteen times, in a weak division, beating guys he was SUPPOSED to beat. It’s way to early after only seventeen matches to say anything about his “career” because it isn’t over. You have to judge what he did and to whom he did it. He beat an old Bellew and Gassiev. Hooray! He’s the next Jesus!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  13. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I mean...obviously you don't think I actually believe that, right? Just winding up the "good ol' days" horseblinders crew, who really need their excesses put in check in dialogues like this one. Usyk winning in the neighborhood of 10-2, however, while maybe not the most plausible outcome (it'd be a gut-check for both, stylistically, and probably end up close), seems likelier than Holy ripping him apart like a dog with a sock ****** as those at that end of the spectrum appear to genuinely believe.

roughdiamond, Drew101 and CST80 like this.
  14. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    You live in a fantasy world. Cruiserweight wasn't weak when Usyk dominated it and it still isn't weak after Usyk and Gassiev have left. Usyk was a slight favorite against Briedis and Gassiev but to call them fights where he was supposed to win is ignorant as hell. And Gassiev old? You're literally making things up as you go along. I'm 100% certain you don't even follow the sport on a regular basis.

mirkofilipovic and BCS8 like this.
  15. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    IB you had me sweating back there. This site has ruined me.

IntentionalButt likes this.