Usyk/Chisora

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    for the money involved, I have the hunch Delboy won't mind that particularly.

EJC83 and moog like this.
  2. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree. Chisora is smart, he promotes himself very well, to the degree he earns more than 99% of the world champions.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  3. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Decent test for Usyk and good money for both as people will want to watch that. Chisora could cause Usyk a few problems but ultimately the superior boxer wins this, fairly comfortably too.

4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Pudding Chisora only looks OK fighting fellow puddings - anytime he faces a non pudding he is exposed.

The next time no different.

TBC-ASAP and Scissors like this.
  5. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Chisora will take this as it's the best money, it wouldn't be the worst fight for Usyk but should be a comfortable points-wise/late stoppage, considering Usyk is 32 thought I'd rather he avoid fights like this, as would rather see him in against the best of the division

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Chisora needs front foot fighters or plodders to be effective. He could pick up a few more big paydays if they match him well as he is entertaining to watch and support in them kind of fights. Honestly, I buzz off watching him in the right stylistic fight. The ring walk alone has me shouting “go on Chisora lad”!

Watching Usyk stepping off and pot shotting him from all sorts of angles would not be a good look for Chisora. It’s a wide decision win. Put him in with Povetkin, Kownacki, Martin, Breazeale types who come forward to fight.

Scissors likes this.
  7. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Chisora is being lined up as the chinny robots comeback fight after he quits against that fat lad again in Saudi in a few weeks time.

Book it.

8. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    People gave Gatti a chance against Mayweather too. They were dead wrong.

Del's Del. He's there to be outboxed by someone like Usyk in a fight that would flatter the Ukrainian.

9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Id like to see it tbh
    It would suit both fighters agendas
    Uysk beats a legit HW and moves on to honours and Del gets well paid

10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The pudding is already a huge multi millionaire with only 1 World Title fight to his name against an old Vitali - unlike many other boxers, this pudding is not short of money.

11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    He never has been mate
    Wont stop him being a good business man whilst he boxes on

Scissors likes this.
  12. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Usyk won't fight dangerous guys like chisora or takam he will fight a few bums then go for a mega fight/pay day against Ruiz/Joshua or wilder.

Chisora can beat usyk, this is not cruiserweight nor is it a boxing match it's an 18 stone man looking to take his head off.

Aydamn likes this.
  13. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    I don't think Chisora wins that fight but there's no way he gets "Gatti'd" either.

Usyk hasn't looked that impressive to me for a few fights and as I already said Chisora is a lot better than Bellew or Chazz

Usyk wins a tepid decision imo

14. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I said after the Price fight that I thought Chisora was blowing hard and really feeling what punches Price did actually throw. I believe Chisora is pretty shot now and just getting away with a prolonged career due to the lifestyle change and increased training ethic. I like Delboy but honestly think Usyk would give him a hellacious beating over 12 rounds and probably stop/retire him

15. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Exactly as I see it going. Chisora has often struggled with mobility.

But I'm still cool with this fight. Chisora is an actual HW almost contender, and the guy who iced Takam which was Usyk's original introduction. Let's get it going ASAP and then get Usyk in with the real big boys.

kevinreid001 likes this.