Usyk/Chisora

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Oct 26, 2019.

1. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    This is what's wrong with boxing fffs.

Usyk should be fighting Joshua. That's a much better fight. But Hearn can squeeze an extra PPV in here, and of course he might feel Usyk is too dangerous just now for AJ.

Don't give me this nonsense about IBF coming before WBO. A small brown envelope solves anything in boxing.

Inglis_1, ipitythefool and Gatekeeper like this.
  2. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Imagine in 2014 when Chisora retired on his stool against Fury that someone told you Chisora would headline a sky ppv in 2020. You'd have laughed them out of the building.

3. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    I like Delboy but he has become vastly overrated after stopping a bunch of glass jaws. Usyk by brutal KO inside 4 rounds.

Inglis_1 and Odins beard like this.
  4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    If AJ beat Usyk first, the AJ haters wouldn't give credit the win deserves and claim Usyk is too small for HW. If Usyk beats a legit good HW such as Chisora or top fighter like Parker first then AJ may get the credit he deserves if he beats Usyk (which is a big if).

5. Southpawology

Southpawology Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Eddie Hearn is an enemy of boxing and boxing fans alike, milking everything for every penny he can

Gatekeeper likes this.
  6. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    There are bigger issues in boxing than Joshua fading a mandatory he already signed to fight and Usyk making only his second fight at the weight against Chisora.

I mean, if we want to talk about top drawer boxers wasting their time, the fans time and everyones time I would of course point you to the two most recent Tyson Fury fights, which of course make Joshua Pulev and Usyk Chisora look like unbelievably brilliant match ups.

mcvey likes this.
  7. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Usyk wins this easily, this new version of Chisora, this so called black Bronson lunatic that he is portraying is just typical British overhype.

Usyk can force a late rounds stoppage.

8. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    No he shouldn't.

Why should he just walk into the division and get a title shot when guys like Whyte have been jumping through hoops for ages and haven't got a shot.

I don't care how good he is or the wbo rules.

Prove yourself against the likes of Chisora first.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if del boy beats him either.

9. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Usyk has done far more, even as a cruiserweight and is deserving of the opportunity to take a title shot should he chose to. He’s taken the scalps of Hunter, Bellew, Huck and most recently Witherspoon who all operated at heavyweight. Witherspoon or Huck aren’t much to shout about, but neither is Browne, Allen or Helenius. Gassiev will no doubt become a decent heavyweight too, another previous scalp of Usyk’s.

I love Del Boy, but I’m also aware that Usyk will box his head off. It would be such an infuriating experience for Chisora.

Heisenberg and Wizbit1013 like this.
  10. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I still reckon chisora will be a handful for usyk. Think he,ll win it....but hes about to find out theres a reason for weight classes.

Usyk doesnt really go without taking punches....he,ll feel the difference in power between a heavy and a cruiser. One good thing is chisoras reach isnt great.....he is digging harder nowadays tho. With the weight difference etc chisora wont have to aim for the chin like most cruisers....hitting him anywhere will have some effect.

Think usyk will drown him eventually but chisora will rough him up first.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Tonys gone fishing for new years

12. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Chisora is now just a gatekeeper for up and coming HW. Usyk will completely outbox him. Chisora will lose then get fed to Joyce or DDD then Parker then whoever next cos Chisora is all about the cameras so as long as he can stay in front of them he will continue hyping himself up. He will become the new Danny Williams before long.

13. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    You missed Briedis in there too for Usyk victories but yes, you are dead right.

Twentyman likes this.
  14. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I can’t decide if it’s impressive or sad that yet again you’ve managed to shoehorn criticism of Tyson Fury into a thread he’s not involved in. Happy new year anyway you strange fellow!

Wizbit1013 and Inglis_1 like this.
  15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Love Delboy, but I’ve said before that Chisora’s new found fitness and work ethic is actually masking a pretty shot fighter. Usyk will show Whyte how an elite level fighter deals with Chisora. It’ll be like Fury v Chisora 2

Scissors and Twentyman like this.