Usyk could destroy AJ

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, May 21, 2021.

1. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Don't worry, Usyk did not had boxed for cards or comments vs Bellew.
    He needed to stop Bellew to win him in U.K, we do know business core.:nonono:D:p.
    So all these comments when A side kid boxes vs opponents and U.K cards? Sorry, these are more fun than boxing.

2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Styles make fights. The fact that Usky beat a stylistical nightmare for him like Chsiora and did it easier than Parker and Whyte did says a LOT. Chisora was arguably robbed against Parker and Whyte. Aj is not Chisora. Aj isn't some guy that comes with immense relentless pressure constantly looking to land combinations. Not only that but he has a worse gas tank than Chisora.

Usyk will be a nightmare for Aj just like Erislandy Savon was in the Olympics. He was be very mobile and will slip most of Ajs long range shots.

Regardless i favor Aj to win a close decision. I expect it to play out similar to Lopez vs Lomachenko.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  3. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
  4. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    Huh?

Usyk almost always starts slow - if AJ starts slow as well and those rounds are close (probably would be) then you can bank on Joshua getting them on the cards.
    Rightly or wrongly, champions almost always get the benefit of the doubt in close rounds and AJ is the one bringing the belts in.

I actually think this is one of the difficulties for Usyk in this fight - to be "banking" rounds early on he'll need to get busier earlier than he normally likes to... He'll know that if he leaves early rounds on the table, he'll have a larger mountain to climb later and (as previously mentioned) the judges aren't likely to be gifting him anything.

I do think this is his only real path to victory - I don't see him knocking out Joshua, and to win on points it needs to be clear and unambiguous (I don't believe, as some do, that the cards are already filled in, but Joshua WILL get the benefit of the doubt).

It'll be an interesting fight, there are questions for both men to answer and it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds - I'd favour Joshua heavily, but would be neither disappointed or surprised if Usyk can pull it off.

Bumnard_Hopkins likes this.
  5. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Game plan is to win every single round against AJ ? Usyk have balls

6. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    He's almost got to... If he wins some rounds by close margins (to neutral eyes) he might not get the credits.

I don't see KO being very likely, so yes I think he's going to have to go for perfect and try to make sure that not too many rounds are marginal (because he's unlikely to get those!)

7. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I can see him getting a KO in similar fashion to Ruiz (handspeed, counter punching and beating him down through volume) but it's an incredibly risky strategy. Leaves himself very open to getting caught himself.

8. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm still confident Usyk beats AJ but I'm not confident he will get a decision.

9. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    Perhaps... Ruiz was underrated and under-respected, AJ probably not as well prepared or motivated as he should've been - it's arguably just a blip and not to be read too much into, although completely understandable that some will.

As you say, it's a very risky strategy for Usyk to try and bring that game... I wonder whether he'd rather fans believe he was robbed on the cards than risk getting laid out and removing all doubt about the result?

That's part of the intrigue for me though, how will each fighter intend to play it and how well do they carry it off?

10. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Ruiz has very heavy hands; All who fight him know this

Usyk has no chance at all of repeating that beatdown

11. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Work that body and get AJ tired.

12. Bumnard_Hopkins

Bumnard_Hopkins Burger King banned Full Member

Jul 13, 2021
    He might end up eating a few big punches in the process. Hope Usyk's chin is better than my expectations.

13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Bar the AJ win, very few if any knock outs of note

Ruiz actually has a pretty terrible resume

Toney F*** U and Safin like this.
  14. Showstopper97

Showstopper97 The Icon Full Member

Oct 7, 2020
    Nah. Usyk doesn't have anything over AJ.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  15. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    That amateur style of usyk ain't gonna trouble aj this far along.