Usyk - Gassiev in Jeopardy :(

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bruce_keyes, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Rustyman

Rustyman New Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2018
    If Usyk pulls out, its his fault. Yes the Russians will make it difficult for him, what does he and his team expect.

Do you think the visiting fighter gets better treatment than the local unless you are Mayweather?

This is the way it always is, the home fighter gets a little home cooking. Not enough to tilt the match but enough to annoy the other fighter.

minemax likes this.
  2. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Guys most of you really have no idea how messed up the situation between Ukraine and Russia was... Of course something like this is expected.

3. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Don’t let Vykus get wind of your disparaging comments about Big Baby. We’ve had quite an exchange in the thread titled “Jarrell amiller pulls out of the Pulev fight”

4. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Gassiev is a bit unrefined but he has enough for Usyk. People talk about him struggling with Lebedev but past prime or not Lebedev is more skilled than Usyk, and hits much harder. Gassiev will walk through those pitty pats and blast him outta there.

5. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
  6. retro_box

retro_box Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Wait a minute, they need to pay for Usyk's flight and hotel and security? I know that they have secure the security but I never heard of the first two. Why just don't take these expenses from Usyk's purse?

7. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Looks like everything is fine now.

heerko koois likes this.
  8. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Did you just compare today's version of Gassiev to the rookie who fought Lebedev?? lol. He practically won every round, and there's rumors out there, that Gassiev was instructed to "take it easy" on Lebedev, and carry him thru the fight. but whatever. todays version of Gassiev is light years ahead of the version that fought Lebedev. He's more patient, more calm, picks his shots better, he's 24 for gods sake!!! he hasn't even hit his prime yet!! and u r already making fun of him??? GTFO

9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He's beaten the corpse of Diablo, who should have lost to Gevor and Durodola, and it took Gassiev 12 rounds to stop Dorticos, who was walking him down eating massive bombs the whole ****ing fight. Which of those two matches adequtely prepared him to beat a guy who's basically a super Lebedev with far better footwork, timing and handspeed?

For the record, I was the first guy that not only hyped, but hyped the hell out of Gassiev on this forum, so take your righteous indignation and shove it up your ass.:thumbsup:

This has less to do with bashing Gassiev, and more to do with my annoyance at you trying to stir up some **** and defame Usyk, who's done absolutely nothing you're falsely accusing him of.

Serge and Rock0052 like this.
  10. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    They shouldve booked a neutral venue for the fight. Like Gary, Indiana.

Serge and CST80 like this.
  11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    lol accusing Usyk of being a ''diva'' is like accusing Andre Ward of being a road warrior, a clean fighter, and not jacking himself silly full of roids since he announced his fake retirement.

minemax and Rock0052 like this.
  12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Someone ought to go check Murat's Instagram account.:sisi1