USyK is going to avenge Klitschko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    "USyK is an heavyweight now" says USyk's promoter.

The 34-year-old, who won an Olympic gold medal alongside Joshua at London 2012, unified the cruiserweight division after turning professional, defending his titles for the eighth time when he stopped Tony Bellew in 2018.

Usyk has since secured victories over Chazz Witherspoon and Dereck Chisora, the latter a unanimous decision at Wembley Arena last year, but is set to be the significantly lighter fighter as he bids to become a two-weight world champion.

Joshua puts his IBF, WBO and WBA titles on the line against Usyk and weighed in at 240 pounds for his last fight- compared to the Ukrainian’s 217 - but Krassyuk, the general director of Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko’s K2 Promotions company, believes his client has adjusted to the step up.

“He has been working hard, building his body for the heavyweight division, and he’s a true heavyweight now,” Krassyuk said in an interview with ESPN.

“No one can say he is a cruiserweight fighting as a heavyweight like [two-time heavyweight world champion] Chris Byrd was. Oleksandr is a natural heavyweight now.”

Krassyuk added that Usyk will be motivated to avenge the defeat suffered by compatriot Wladimir Klitschko to Joshua in 2017, and is predicted that Usyk will use his lighter weight to his advantage but moving his opponent around the ring.

“Boxers can just throw a punch to the chin and hope to get lucky, and they might be once out of 10, but can they do it 10 times in a row?” Krassyuk said.

“You have to box and win each and every round to win the title. Boxing is the art of defence first and foremost, landing punches and not getting anything back.

Agreed with USyK promoter?

Will the Bodybuilder create another real Rocky Balboa after Ruiz?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  2. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Wlad doesn't need avenging. He retired off Joshua & almost had him...

No shame in losing to a younger sexier man. The next generation.

The real shame is his lack of humility in defeat to Fury. Don't think he's ever got over it.

Usyk has sparred plenty of heavyweights. I'm sure he did great sparring but when it comes down to a hell for leather fight it's going to be hard for him.

3. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
  4. TipNom

TipNom Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Wouldn't be too surprised at all. I don't know if it's just because people keep asking him about it, but AJ seems to be looking ahead to the Fury fight.

I have a feeling that we wont get Joshua Fury when we want to next year. I think sombodies gonna lose and I guess it will be AJ. If he beats Usyk though, then I'm gonna pick Wilder to beat Fury.

catchwtboxing and AdamT like this.
  5. Boxing2019

Jul 22, 2019
    The chin. The Bodybuilder's chin is not good. He risked going into a coma state with Ruiz. After the concussion he has had speech issues and lost eyes for a long period. His entourage kept everything well hidden. We wrote a lot of threads on Joshua's health conditions after Ruiz 1. Dont forget it.

6. Chitown

Chitown Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Didnt Usyk school Wlad in sparring so badly leading up to his AJ fight that he shut down media access lol

Boxing2019 likes this.
  7. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Wlad is team Aj for this fight
    Wlad can cope with his loss vs Aj, but that loss in Germany eats him up inside

He wants Aj to win and prays that Aj can beat Fury. He's very bitter since that fateful night in dusseldorf

8. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    I'm actually getting the same weird feeling. I think one of (if not both) of these guys is going to slip up

Themessiah, sasto and TipNom like this.
  9. Mighty

Mighty The Gypsy King banned Full Member

Sep 17, 2021
    Clinchko doesn't deserve a revenge. He could have finished bodybuilder's career if he wanted it.

10. Rakesh

Rakesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    Coming back to this thread after next Saturday, it better still be here my man.

Bumnard_Hopkins likes this.
  11. Boxing2019

Jul 22, 2019
    Klitschko with USyK like Ali with Tyson: “Remember what you said — Get him for me.” And Tyson against Holmes made good on his promise.

12. Bumnard_Hopkins

Bumnard_Hopkins Burger King banned Full Member

Jul 13, 2021
    Berbick, not Holmes.

13. Boxing2019

Jul 22, 2019

No, it was with Holmes

This content is protected

JL Fighter likes this.
  14. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  15. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    you mean when Fury screwed him over on the rematch twice.... yeah I wonder why he doesn't like Fury....