Usyk is probably very happy with the result of Dubois vs Joyce

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by truth_teller, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I think your expectations are skewed. I personally thought Chisora was going to give him a much tougher fight than he did. Chisora loses a lot but even when losing usually pushes his opponent. Lost almost every round to Vitali but made Vitali look less than dominant for the first time in years, knocked out by Haye but was giving Haye all kinds of problems before walking onto bombs, same with the Whyte KO, was winning the fight if anything before getting KO'ed. Really only Fury utterly dominated him and even then that required a rematch because he gave Fury trouble in the first fight for a few rounds before gassing.

Usyk isn't some mythical fighter who can walk into a ring with someone like Chisora and not expect to get hit and have some rough moments, he's not untouchable or invincible, but you seem to have this weird idea that anything less than perfection is a sign he's not any good or can't compete at this weight. Even ATG's get hit or struggle at times, Mayweather, Ali, Lewis, Robinson, Duran etc all have had fights were they struggled, sometimes against opposition you wouldn't expect. Usyk struggled for 2 rounds then took over and barring the odd attack from Chisora was in control and even hurt Chisora. I'm not sure you're expectations coming into the fight were realistic, Chisora isn't some push over.

moydjayweather likes this.
  2. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    You think Usyk can do 175 ??

3. truth_teller

truth_teller Member banned Full Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Yes, I would love to see Usyk against Kovalev.

4. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Prime kov would be to strong for him, now if it’s at heavy then it’s 50/50

5. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    How the hell would Dubois have dealt with Usyk`s jab if he could hardly slip any of Joyce`s jabs? Joyce is far better than Dubois and Usyk fought far better at heavyweight against Joyce in the amateurs than Dubois did in his respective poor effort v Joyce, Dubois is not a world class fighter and that`s that.

6. seansanashee

seansanashee Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    If Dubois couldn't deal with Joyce's skill level, I fail to see how he could deal with Usyk's.

UKboxingfan likes this.
  7. truth_teller

Jun 4, 2019
    Because Joyce is taller, larger and stronger than Usyk, which makes it difficult for Dubois to land his strong punches on his face. Usyk, who is shorter, smaller and weaker than Joyce will be an easier target for Dubois.

And remember, Joyce has a better chin than Usyk, it is difficult to knock him out, hence the nickname: Juggernaut.

Let me end my post with the famous saying: Styles make fights.

8. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    As much as I think that chisora is shot to pieces and that usyk does not belong to the top level world HW scene.

Man, they were fighting for the commonwealth title. They both are domestic level (at least by now). Chisora is not domestic level. Let alone usyk. There are levels in this sport. I dont think usyk gives a F about who won last night.

9. seansanashee

seansanashee Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Styles make fights and I think Usyk's "style" would school both Dubous and Joyce. I think Dubois may improve but he has a lot to learn before he can reach Usyk's level.

10. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Usyk has the best defense in the heavyweight division, he is far more skilled than Dubois.

11. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Don`t even know if he watched it, good fight but every country always concentrates on their home talent too much, Dubois was never on Usyk`s radar at all.

12. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Average trolling.

mark ant likes this.
  13. piprules

piprules Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2019
    What if they move Parker back to number two, then it would be him fighting Usyk.
    I don’t think they will jump Joyce from 11 to second on the rankings based on just this win.

14. truth_teller

Jun 4, 2019
    When you don't agree with someone but at the same time you can't find any logical reason why you don't agree with him, you say : "TROLL!", like a primary school student.

15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Usyk fought

Gassiev in Russia
    Briedis in Latvia
    Glowacki in Poland
    Huck in Germany
    Hunter in the US
    Bellew in England
    Chisora in England

All of those are legit bangers

And the fight he's pushing hard for next is AJ in the UK and he's on record saying he wants to face AJ in the UK for years and obviously he means it

When he stepped up to SHW in the WSB he fought

Majidov - now a three time world amateur champion
    Joyce - would go on to be robbed of Olympic gold and was coming off a win against Hrgovic just a month before
    Nistor - AJ's daddy
    Fa - 2-2 against Parker

In addition to all those guys being way bigger than him they're all legit bangers and Usyk was standing in right front of some of them and trading or even forcing some of them back. I don't think Usyk gives a flying **** about who's standing in the opposite corner to him

moydjayweather likes this.