Usyk looks jacked - Is he going for the KO?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I've never seen Briedis put any of the CWs he's fought to sleep, let alone in the fashion sparked out HW Charr

2. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Why would you assume what I would believe or not?
    If you make a claim & are politely asked to support it, please do so.
    Video footage would be best, but while folks who are in the camp may well be biased...It still might be true.
    So send the links to their quotes about his speed.
    And if you believe it is still true after he gained weight-which tends to slow anyone down...
    And if you mean he is fastest of hand &/or foot. Thank you.

3. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    You have not shown me I strayed from what you said-I have addressed your comment very specifically.
    I did not stray from the subject or your comments at all.

4. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    1) Squats done properly target the posterior change to a huge degree.
    Squatters who can lift a great amount of weight have very powerful butts & hamstrings.

2) If you say you can increase power output-& you used the word power-clearly in the context of punching power, of course it seems to imply a massive increase in power. You even said so above, but the last time left out the word "massive".

3) Size of any muscles-not just the limb, since it may be largely fat-but the cross-sectional muscular size of any muscle is strongly correlated with strength.
    Now it may be that some who are massive have less strength than someone with averaged sized legs due to fat, OR sometimes they might have a specific muscle developed needed for a compound movement so have less strength in a certain exercise...And Olympic lifting needs excellent technique to maximize the lifts you make, which is a difficult skill.

But while leverage & muscle fiber type are involved (although those most associated with mass, fast twitch fibers, also cause greater strength), actual muscular size tends very connected to muscle size.

4) Of course I did not provide evidence that those athletes did Olympic lifting & plyometrics.
    I specifically said they either did not, or I have no evidence that they did.

5) I absolutely did not suggest that any form of weight lifting is effective for power output.
    You have not regarded what I actually *said* & put me in a box with those you disagree with.
    You can review what I actually wrote to confirm your error.
    I would never say that say lifting for the cosmetic value of arms/abs "beach muscles" will make you much stronger overall.

6) Show me a single thing that I said which even hints at a "bizarre absolute".
    Or even hyperbole, which is at least a less extreme claim.
    But both claims are unsupported premises.

7) AGAIN you are not being *present* with what I actually said when you wonder (& seem to think I doubt) if I believe that Olympic lifters are way up there in terms of raw power & especially one repetition maximum(al) output.

Review what I said.
    Saying there are other ways to get there & giving examples does not remotely imply I doubted that idea.

5. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Why would you assume that I am biased based on nationality when you first replied to me ?

Of course, everyone is biased when speaking on Usyk. even Wlad himself. but when they speak good things about AJ, it's all true, but only good and positive things that benefit AJ.

https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/n...usyk-sparred-klitschko-for-one-round-20181031

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13053886/oleksandr-usyk-wladimir-klitschko-sparring-nelson/

I repeat, who is faster than him ? Answer that question

He was way faster than any other CW and HW before he gained weight, but even after his weight is 230 pounds, he still is faster than any other top HW.

After this video you would say that it's only speed bag and it would mean nothing in the real fight against AJ.

This content is protected

3rdegree likes this.
  6. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I don't like usyks chances at all in this tbh..I'm not an usyk hater and chisora is a hard night's work for anyone but usyk looked really uncomfortable in that fight til del boy gassed .

I just don't think he's big enough to rule at heavy..buy I suppose that's what's great about boxing....he's going for it anyway...he coulda bin the man at cruiser for years but he's dared to be great...I hope he pulls it off

rusev and Eastern Iron like this.
  7. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    Answering a question with a question-unless that question implies the answer-avoids the question.
    You assumed what I believed without cause, & refused to answer why.

As to your own question, I presented nationalistic bias as one good possibility.
    Since it is so common on all sides. This was a legitimate question, not a conclusion. I did not even assume I was sure where you are from.

But less rational is your conclusion that I will say it means nothing against AJ.
    I see a lot of what you are doing: sometimes due to tribal bias, &/or folks notice what SOME say, & assume that everyone else is automatically on the other side.
    WIthout actually *noticing* what the other guy has said.

I never made any prediction about these guys when they fight.
    I never declared or have been a special fan of either one. Although I admire what Usyk has done.

There is no reason to conclude that I think his speed will be meaningless if they fought.
    You have assigned me stereotypical opposition status when nothing I said implied what I believe in this regard.

I also did not avoid your question about who is faster.
    If I knew I would have said: there are so many things I venture an opinion on, but I do not presume to know who is the quickest HW these recent days.
    If Usyk bulked up considerably, it is unlikely to be him, at least of foot, but I dunno.
    Now you say who is fastest among the top HWs

No it is absolutely untrue that everyone is biased about Usyk.
    I do not know if there is anything everyone is biased about.
    I do not know why Wlad would be less likely to be biased than anyone.
    And many tear Joshua apart. Bodybuilder, stiff, no heart, not genuine/media created, ran against Ruiz...

You *also* assumed my answer re: the video you presented.
    In this case it is true if you present only hand speed it shows only part of the picture.

8. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    You are lying again.
    You are again trying to avoid responsibility for insulting me after ascribing several beliefs to me that I clearly did not have & corrected you upon.

The lie is that you did not delete it because you were trying to spare my feelings.
    You have shown a ridiculing & cruel tendency, last evidenced by your dishonesty in wondering of English was my first language.

You erased your post because you only care about yourself & getting banned (likely again) & being reported for abuse.

Also your acting casual & "lmao" is clearly both a pose & nasty.

I properly condemn dishonesty & cruelty: it seems you are "triggered" you cannot tell that I have not been personally upset by your intent to be hurtful.

So now you are on notice: unless you develop the Integrity to apologize for these juvenile provocations, do not write to-OR about me-ever again.

Under any circumstances. I am not gonna tolerate nor enable more anonymous hatefulness.
    If you do not have the decency or self-restraint to avoid responding here, my request is documented: the consequences for your tenure here will be on YOU.

And you will not hear from me again.
    Unless you man up & apologize-we are Done.

9. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    Or it speaks very well for Usyk and poorly for AJ. If AJ loses to Usyk it's no slight on Fury, Wilder, Joyce or Hrgovic as none of them have fought Usyk or AJ, who has exclusively fought well past prime and/or short heavyweights in his backyard.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  10. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    Joshua also has:

Referee, judges, ringside doctor, crowd, youth, ring size, canvas specifics and drug testing agencies.

Usyk has:

Skill, smaller target, speed, agility, reflexes, co-ordination, balance, punch resistance, confidence, experience, heart, focus, ring IQ, general intelligence, southpaw stance and stamina.

Usyk must know that he has to get a KO or multiple KD's to win, AJ knows he can box defensively and win a decision provided he survives 12 rounds.

If a three year post-prime non-punching ex-cruiser in Usyk schools and stops a prime AJ while fighting away from home with the insanely lucrative Fury-AJ undisputed fight potentially around the corner, it's an ATG pound for pound win. Prime Holyfield on an even playing field couldn't legitimately beat Bowe over three fights and the past prime version couldn't beat Lewis over two with home advantage, let alone stop either of them. Bowe also dropped Holyfield three times in their trilogy, stopping him once. There are five other instances of ex-cruiserweight champions fighting elite superheavyweights (Gomez-Vitali, Haye-Wlad, Adamek-Vitali, Mormeck-Wlad and Cunningham-Fury) and they are even less encouraging, so Usyk legitimately beating an elite superheavyweight in Joshua (and under these very difficult circumstances) would be historically unprecedented.

11. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    AJ fans on youtube actually called Usyk a hypejob. Can you imagine their level on fanboysm ?

Fighting away from home every single time since he won a world tittle. Did anobody give him the credit ? Maybe 5% of the boxing fans.

12. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    youre hyping him right now, so how wrong can they be? tell me, which was the last fighter you heard say he lost the fight cause it was in the wrong town?

deadACE likes this.
  13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Well me and you are different, I said he won with ease because I think 9-3 on the cards is winning with ease.

I didn't say it wasn't competitive at points, but I maintain over 12 rounds he won with ease.

14. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    He looks big because, well, he is big. Hes a natural CW. If you saw Usyk in real life you would go, damn that's a big ass dude.

It's just that compared to Joshua hes small. Joshua looks like a ****ing cyborg, that's how big he is. He looks less man than machine.

15. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017