Usyk V Chisora confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by FleetingGlimpse, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    However these two will be on much bigger purses and Del Boy has much more name value when it comes to ticket sales. Seems Joyce and Dubois are due some massive purses that frank now can’t come through with. Other issue frank has is will he just pad Dubois and Yarde etc record out for another 12 months. As he doesn’t have a lot of PPV talent to go at. Think this is why he knows he needs to get working with Hearn.

Holler and Special one like this.
  2. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Oh he would lol

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    It's been a lean year for Tony Dosh.
    I have a feeling they'll charge a pony for Tony for every fight now (except a fight with Fury, that'll be thirty quid at least if Eddie has a say),

4. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Putting the PPV aspect to the side, I like the fight. I know there's every chance that Usyk schools Chisora, because they're levels apart in the skills department, but there are enough other factors at play to make it a fight to look forward to for me. Usyk is untested and unproven at heavyweight. He's had injury problems and is no spring chicken and didn't look great against Witherspoon either, could he have slightly declined from his peak? Could Chisora catch him early with a bomb and put his lights out? For the record, I think Usyk wins by UD or possibly a late stoppage similar to when Fury stopped him in their second fight. But I don't think it's a foregone conclusion either. I don't think it's outwith the realms of possibility that Chisora causes him some problems. I might be in the minority but it's a fight I'm excited for. Usyk is a joy to watch anyway, and Delboy for all his faults is a tank and a good fighter when he brings his A game.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Camaris, Mitch87, zulander and 4 others like this.
  5. Pompey Junglist

Pompey Junglist Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2019
    I really don't see Chisora making the final bell. I think Usyk stops him Rounds 6-8.

Twentyman likes this.
  6. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    You would've thought so, but as it turns out they both used to holiday at Clacton on sea when they were kids. One day Del Boy took Usyk's 99 ice cream and the tough Ukrainian has never forgotten it ever since. His entire career has led up to this chance for vengeance and make no mistake, this one is very personal.

7. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I'm a tight wad and I don't like giving Eddie money. But this is an interesting fight and I think I'll buy it. We'll see from this if Usyk has decent power at strength at HW.

Hope there's a decent undercard. But doubt it. At least Katie Taylor has fought recently so she wont be on it for once.

Smudge_ likes this.
  8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Sorry to disappoint but Eh Day has a big treat in store for haters of women's boxing with 2 huge rematches ready to support any PPV.

1. Courtenay v Ball
    2. Harper v Jonas

I would like to see Katie Taylor v Chantelle Cameron - a cracking fight if made.

ipitythefool and Wizbit1013 like this.
  9. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    The undercard to this fight will be rather cheap I’d imagine.

Is Joshua going to fight this year?

10. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    This god given next King of all heavyweights who besides the ancient never was Chazz Witherspoon has had not ONE legit Heavy on his record is fighting now the local club fighter Chisora who even in his so called prime was nothing but a local tough man.....talking about puddings.....how can this fight raise ANy pulse or gives a gauge about how good the Russian is against top tier Heavies......plus he is getting old himself and is injury prone.......fact, he is waiting for his cash out fight against the top , milk the gullible and disappear, the pure thought that Usyk is lightning up the division is fantasy times 10, all hype no substance.

11. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    It’s a good fight in the current climate. A decent measuring stick for Usyk.

Heisenberg likes this.
  12. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    real solid post pal, appreciated.

one point to counter here is BRUTHA USKY passes the all important EYE TEST with flying colours. I make him favourite against all the heavies barring fury and wilder; The BRUTHA from behind the iron curtain is cerebrally light years ahead of the Whyteleafe, Joshua, parker tier of predictable plodders.

No reason whatsoever his skillset doesn’t carry up here and his speed becomes another asset against the robotic big guys.

could be packing a glass jaw at heavy of course.

To my acute eye he is not exhibiting any signs whatsoever of becoming a shot fighter any time soon though.

13. khans army

khans army New Member banned Full Member

Oct 7, 2020
    Chisora will knock him out

14. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Hayemaker offering £100 per round and a £1000 KD Bonus to spar with Derek this week. I’m awaiting confirmation that I’m in camp this Friday in Vauxhall :)

15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    That’s fantastic mate. Let us know how you get on and best of luck.

Heisenberg likes this.