Usyk V Chisora confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by FleetingGlimpse, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I really can't seem to get interested in this fight.
    I know Usyk is good but I find his style a bit boring. And if he beats Chisora, it doesn't really say much about how he'd do against the likes of Fury or Joshua. I'd rather see Usyk against someone more relevant, like Hunter or Ruiz Jr, or even Parker.
    If Chisora upsets the odds and wins, well that's good for Delboy, but doesn't make Chisora any more of a contender really.

Glenn McKrory and im sparticus like this.
  2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Usyk has already beaten Hunter. A fit Ruiz might be a decent fight but we will never see a fit Ruiz.

I was all for chucking Usyk straight in the deep end. **** all these warm ups, he 33/34 he's warm! Just get him in there and see what happens.

Unforgiven likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Usyk beat Hunter but I'd still rate Hunter above him now as a heavyweight.
    If they rematched at heavyweight it would show who's transitioned better from cruiser.

Usyk v Povetkin would have been a good choice too. Povetkin's a good yardstick, only lost to Wlad and AJ.

Anyone with a better record than Chisora.
    Chisora tends to lose to the good contenders. I mean, the Takam win is probably his career best, after that it gets thin. Deserved the win against Helenius, to be fair, but that was almost a decade ago now. Some might argue he deserved the first Whyte fight (but then most didn't even have Whyte as a legit contender yet back then).
    Lost to : Fury x2, Vitali, Haye, Whyte, Pulev, Kabayel .
    He's not a bad fighter, but 36 years old now as well. He's a complete plodder too, not a great style to test Usyk with.
    I'd love to see Chisora prove me wrong and win .... but even if he does, he's still same old Chisora.

nurological likes this.
  4. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I wouldnt rate Hunter above Usyk even if he has had more wins at Heavy. Usyk is just far better boxer.

I know what you mean, Chisora could land a huge bomb and KO Usyk but that doesnt all of a sudden make him class.

Scissors, Unforgiven and ryanm8655 like this.
  5. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    He’s just a domestic level fighter at the end of the day, nothing more. Every time he’s stepped up in class, he’s lost (and I’m not having Takam as some kind of contender cos he lasted more than a round with AJ), and I see no reason why this is anything different.

He’s a big, strong guy but that’s about all he’s got going for him in this fight. He’s not a particularly big puncher, which takes that ‘what if he catches him’ out of the equation and I can’t see anything other than a comfortable Usyk win or late stoppage.

Unforgiven likes this.
  6. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I'd say him being a big puncher is all that's going for him really. He does hit hard, he's knocked people out in brutal fashion, it's just the quality of his shots aren't great.

7. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if Chisora come in to this fight in great shape. I'm sure Hayes special camps during this pandemic have included some of those great protein shakes.

8. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Respect pal. You’ll be able to see first hand almost immediately whether you’re in there with a shot fighter, look forward to your considered take on it. Good luck.

Heisenberg and Twentyman like this.
  9. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Signed a NDA but Derek is as strong as an Ox and looks in the best physical shape of his entire career. Thursday evening he did 12 rounds back to back with 6 different sparring partners (a fresh body jumping in with him every 6 minutes).

10. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Wow how did did you manage to get in camp? That's fantastic.

11. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Del boy isn't here just for the money.

Loma down, Usyk next?

12. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Del boy will take his head off

13. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    "I came here to do demolition jobs on cruiserweights" - Delboy Chisora

14. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Let me get this straight, are you in some way intimating that dereck Delboy warcap chisora is NOT a shot old veteran fighter?

15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    That pudding only cares about money - he even punches holes in £20 notes and shags them

velagod likes this.