Usyk V Chisora confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by FleetingGlimpse, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Hope it was a good experience bud.

Scissors, Jurgen and Furious like this.
  2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Did anybody get the grand?

3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I’d say he is an old veteran fighter who has got into the best physical shape possible at this stage of his career. Haye to his credit has got him in absolute peak condition. Does he beat Usyk? No, with all due respect I think he’ll get stopped mid/late. But for what it’s worth, had Derek been this fit and motivated earlier in his career under Don Charles I believe he’d of got the wins over Helenious, Pulev, Kabayel and Whyte the first time around.

Scissors, Furey, kojak and 1 other person like this.
  4. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Right enough, David Haye has had a catalytic effect on Dereck Chisora's physicality. David Haye has always been one of the poster boys for Bayer.

5. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Thanks for the first hand info pal, really valuable, extremely rare to get this level of insight on here so cheers for that.

I’m reluctant to remove the shot fighter label from chisora on this evidence though, he was properly blowing out his backside after three rounds in with David Price under the hayemaker cardio regimen. Looked every inch a shot old veteran fighter to my acute eye.

I don’t see how going twelve with some gym fighters - albeit six of em which is impressive - means he can go twelve at pace against anyone under the lights any more.

my take is delboy has three or four rounds in him at max velocity then he’s a sitting duck to be broken down and stopped. BRUTHA USKY doesn’t punch hard so I can see delboy hanging in there for a few rounds but he’ll be exhausted after five or six and stopped after seven or eight.

Verdict: Shot fighter

Heisenberg likes this.
  6. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Without revealing anything you’re not able to and without knowing if it’s something you’ve done before.. is it very obvious the difference in levels when training with someone like Chisora or any pro?

7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I’ve been really lucky over the years to have moved about with heavyweights like Briggs, Mason, Akinwande, Welch, Dubois and Wardley to name a few. Some just on pads, others in sparring. Some elite amateurs can hit just as hard but it’s their conditioning and ability to go through gears that is different. Fabio Wardley for example has sparred with (elite level) Usyk and Fury and told me they have levels beyond anyone else he’s been in with. I think Dave Allen said as much about Usyk last week.

8. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I dont know how Chisora can be considered a shot fighter when hes best career wins have all come late in his career against Takam, Spzilka and Price. Looks better phyiscal condtion too.

Furey likes this.
  9. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Fantastic to have someone with your experience posting on here. Makes this place a great place to debate boxing.

10. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    He isn't shot whatsoever and is having an Indian summer to his career.

As has already been said, if he had found this type of motivation and got himself into the shape he has been since teaming up with Haye much earlier in his career, some of the losses on his record wouldn't be there.

Better late than never though and good luck to him.

Mitch87 likes this.
  11. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    It’s all about how you match Chisora. Put him in with a fighter with heavy feet or a front foot fighter and he’ll give you an entertaining fight. Hearn has recognised that with him and have managed to rinse this last stage of his career.

Whyte is a plodding slogger, so that’s a fight that will be entertaining. Takam is similar, and brings it to the table. Price is made of glass and Taylor made to be chinned by someone like Chisora, so is Spzilka.

Fighters with good ring IQ, who can box and move will make him look like what he is, a plodding slugger. Gashi is awful, but his footwork frustrated Chisora and made him look ineffective. Fury’s footwork and jab made him look impotent. Usyk will remind everyone what Chisora really is and that’s Britain’s favourite gatekeeper (including mine).

Heisenberg, zulander and Wizbit1013 like this.
  12. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh my days, I just realised pricey fought chisora.

The licensing board should have intervened.

Bellew's head must have been exploding over whether to do the plastic scouser fake mates act or maintain the match room fc top cheerleader role.

13. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Hahaha. Oh no, Bellew is going to be front and centre for this one isn’t he. Plenty of coverage for him. Matchroom trying to show Bellew almost ‘solving the puzzle’ of Usyk (when really it was just Usyk going through the gears).

I can’t stand all the fake mates stuff he does, it’s so insincere.

alpo1 and velagod like this.
  14. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Great insight. Is there any of those you’ve trained with that really stood out? Would’ve assumed from that list Briggs and Dubois.

15. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    What is on undercard apart from Selby