Usyk vs AJ 2 prediction thread !

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by heerko koois, Aug 3, 2022.

Usyk or AJ ?

1. Usyk

82.0%
  2. AJ

18.0%
  1. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    This content is protected

2. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    AJ fan here. I think the likely outcome is that AJ is going to get countered hard when he comes forward.

Punchdrunk1 likes this.
  3. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    My thoughts exactly

4. 007 373 5963

007 373 5963 Active Member Full Member

May 30, 2020
    I love a good underdog story, so i'm rooting for AJ. I know he doesn't possess the same technical prowess as Usyk, and so he's going to need to use his size and strength to his advantage. I'm gonna go completely against the grain here and say AJ wins by 11th round ref stoppage. Yes, i know this is highly unlikely.

heerko koois likes this.
  5. heerko koois

Apr 26, 2006

6. heerko koois

Apr 26, 2006

7. djfonti

djfonti Active Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    He's not an underdog. Maybe in a betting sense but he's had every advantage possible ever since he took part in the Olympics. Usyk is the one fighting the odds.

8. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Should be more competitive this time. I can see AJ using his size to lay on Usyk and attempt to wear/ slow his down. The danger with that is being inside with Usyk.

AJ has pulled himself up off the mat before and that takes grit.

At the end of the day I feel Usyk is too dynamic for AJ.
    AJ can’t outbox him and the other tactics require going inside the danger zone.

Usyk by very late stoppage

West of Hollywood likes this.
  9. West of Hollywood

West of Hollywood Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    I'm sure AJ will be more aggressive and go for it (like Vlad did against him). I'm looking for a shorter more violent fight with AJ either getting TKOed or a corner stoppage.

Bustajay likes this.
  10. TheWizard

TheWizard I Got Milk Baby Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    AJ by stoppage. He'll soften Usyk up with bodyshots, catch him with a big counter at some point and finish him shortly after.

OldSchoolBoxing likes this.
  11. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Agreed & not making it about ethnicity but whenever a European or Asian Fighter is matched against anyone regardless of the matchup those "Others" will start to distribute advice through interviews over & over in hopes to give that other "Boxer" any added edge especially regarding rematches where the other was hoped to win,

Just the way it has always been throughout the years in Boxing.

lordlosh likes this.
  12. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    So what you're meaning to say is it will be another Repeat of the same kind & in the same exact way?

okay.

13. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Usyk by KO

heerko koois likes this.
  14. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I don’t know if it will be round 6, earlier or later but it will happen. I definitely feel Usyk will be hurt earlier. He is a tough gutsy guy so I expect him to withstand the pain and assault but eventually it will be too much.

OldSchoolBoxing and heerko koois like this.
  15. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    I'm with Usyk, as i'm a fan, but AJ is a hard fight for anyone. This fight is nearly 50-50 again, having in mind Hearn organize it, and it's stacked everything in AJ favor once again.

Again some idiotic post about AJ chin, even though he took a huge counter left hook of Whyte, he took Klitschko punches, he eat Povetkin hooks and didn't go down, and also took plenty of clean shots from Usyk, and still didn't go down.

Ruiz fight was a misfire of him, going absolutely wildly open, and eat a huge counter on the temple that concussed him, yet still he get up, and Ruiz needed 3 more rounds to take the win, and still AJ finish the fight on his feet.

AJ maybe anything, but his chin is perfectly fine, and it's actually very hard to put him down with 1 shot. You will need plenty of combos to do it, even when he is badly hurt.

OldSchoolBoxing, box33 and djfonti like this.