Usyk vs Evander Holyfield achievements, ATG status

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Aydamn, Aug 15, 2019.

Who do you predict history will remember as the better overall fighter...?

1. Usyk

48 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Holyfield

48 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Watch them fight < Look at their resumes.

Qawi (hall of farmer) and De Leon are far better scalps at cruiser based upon resume and accomplishment than these two EEs who feast on other unknown EEs.

PunchersChance. likes this.
  2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He's a HoFer coz of what he did at 175. Not CW. He's not a top 10 CW. He's a top 25 LHW.
    Really? Based on what? Beating Leon Spinks and an old past it Lopez? Who's another LHW....
    Definitely not. Briedis beats both, Gassiev beats both and so does Glowacki.
    So your entire arguement is that you don't know the fighters and that there not American? That's pathetic

Heavy_Hitter and lepinthehood like this.
  3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Usyk at cruiserweight has the better resume. I suspect Holyfield will have the better overall resume when all is said and done, unless Usyk goes on a tear and completely dominates his opposition. Holy faced better fighters than Usyk currently has access to. On the other hand, Holy lost to some of those guys, whereas it's possible that nobody beats Usyk at HW for a good few years.

It's a wait-and-see situation.

4. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Yeah but let's be realistic, Usyk I doubt is going to go on a tear, and he won't be able to achieve the volume of success Evander has when he moved up at 26. Usyk is out of time IMO, thus overall Evander I predict will be higher in status.

BCS8 likes this.
  5. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I think there's lots of good points here and you're probably right in your hypothesis Aydamn.

You seem very down on Usyk overall though, don't you like him much?

Aydamn likes this.
  6. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    If Usyk beats two of Josh, Fury, Wilder... he will be a nailed down top 30 ATG

Heavy_Hitter and Aydamn like this.
  7. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Best wins for each of your guys? Their claim to fame is who they lost to yet you belittle more accomplished Qawi and DeLeon who have real scalps of who they beat.

Qawi is a HoFer because of being a two-division champ not just because of what he did at light heavy.

8. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Wrong. Or they'd be a lot more people in the HOF. He's in there coz of his record at LHW and how exciting he was.
    Leon Spinks and an old Lopez are real scalps? But Huck, Charr, Glowacki and Perez aren't?
    Or Dorticos, Lebedev and Wlodarczyk?
    Gassiev - Lebedev, Dorticos, Wlodarcyzk
    Briedis - Huck, Perez, Charr, Glowacki
    Glowacki - Huck, Vlasov, Cunningham

All 3 **** over DeLeon's and Gassiev and Briedis have better CW résumé than Qawi.

9. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Not at all, I completely understand why you might say that, but the given that I opened the topic on comparing Usyk and Evander I do rate
    Him highly! Just thought that he is past 30 now, taking a while to debut, and I just dont see how he could make up the time/ performances to rival Evander.

He is great thought and I look forward to see him join the division.

Outside of boxing he is a really cool guy too, if only he spoke english good I reckon he could have been an action star, he has this aura about him.

Furious likes this.
  10. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Fair enough - good thread anyway, some interesting discussion.

Aydamn likes this.
  11. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    You could be right. For one I feel HW is worse than when Holy was around, with a few exceptions. For two, Holy aged very well (PEDs? Maybe) and Usyk's clock is already ticking.

If Usyk is what I think he might be, we might be comparing a near-perfect record by Usyk against weaker opposition to Holy's flawed one against stronger opposition. Then it's a matter of what you prefer. Of course, this is all conjecture ;)

Aydamn likes this.
  12. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Usyk doesnt need Holyfields roids to move up.

MorvidusStyle likes this.
  13. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Usyk is already a bigger guy.

14. mirkofilipovic

Jan 7, 2014
    This thread was created by people with the sole intention to bash Usyk and anything he can possibly achieve. Their fetish for Overhyped Murican boxers roided up to the gills is complete fantasy, so to sustain that fantasy they continue belittling Olek. What a bunch of cucks.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  15. mirkofilipovic

Jan 7, 2014
    Yeah, but he is facing naturally larger opposition. So he has his work cut out for him at heavyweight.