Usyk vs Joyce

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Jan 20, 2021.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Agree, he has also had a couple of bad injuries. Its very clear he has regressed compare him now to the WBSS performances and you can see how much he is on the slide.

Scissors likes this.
  2. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    I fancy Usyk could win on points after not having it all his own way,Joyce is better than a lot of people give him credit for,a big rough man who can heap the pressure on,that's not an easy nights work when a man is assertive in his actions

I like Usyk and his boxing though,always have, have to agree with some of the comments he doesn't look quite as "slick" of late though

DavidJames likes this.
  3. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Usyk for me but it will be interesting. I underestimated Joyce before the DDD fight. And I agree -- Usyk I don't think is what he was a couple of years ago. Should have dealt with Del Boy more easily IMO

oiky likes this.
  4. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Defintely interesting.

Yeah people overestimated DDD I think and underestimated Joyce

zulander likes this.
  5. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    If Joyce can put it on OU early then things get interesting., Del boy did nothing but walk forward and ruff house him and in those early rounds OU really didn't look comfortable. Looking at the ref, holding his feet, not really throwing any power shots. Maybe that was just his first live body as a heavy but until later in the fight I dont think it was a great performance. Joyce is a better, harder puncher with a better engine than Chisora. Eventually i'd expect Usyk's footwork to open up the gaps he needs to let his hands go but Joyce's chin and stamina make this interesting and well as the weight Joyce will be on the night.

6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Joyce will beat him im telling ya

Im gonna cash in on the night