USYK vs PARKER - Highly Likely - WBO BELT

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kiwi_in_America, Nov 10, 2019.

1. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Parker got outboxed by A freakin J. Unless he lands a 1 in 100 shot on Usyk this one if a boring and wide UD.

UKboxingfan likes this.
  2. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    And...? He also hurt Joshua in that fight

He also went the distance with Joshua.
    He also outboxed Ruiz Jr, who is currently the king of the division.

What's your point?

kostya by ko and Angler Andrew like this.
  3. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Not an easy fight for Usyk imo.Parkers win over Ruiz went up a notch after the AJ loss.
    I’m expecting Parker to look good now he’s back to chasing again.

4. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Holy **** those guys have very Samoan names too. Yeah he's been busted without his name even being released mate.

5. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I think he is.Get him back in the ring quick against someone top twenty and then Parker.

6. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    That's a completely different case, as is evidenced by the fact that the other case is a relative of a sports person and have been named... as opposed to "the high profile sportsman who spends a lot of time in the US" who STILL has name suppression and the case is still ongoing - his legal team keep appealing and stalling it. He's not being charged, but it's a bit unclear what his involvement is beyond providing financial support.

Most recent article I've been able to find, however the case is ongoing last I heard: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/11529...supreme-court-to-keep-his-name-secret-forever

Parker vs Usyk will basically be the final step of Parker being turned into a gatekeeper as opposed to contender, I feel. I can't see him winning that... though the rumours I've heard have been that Chisora has ditched the idea of fighting Parker and is setting up for a fight with Usyk so hard to know what the story will be. Parker vs either Usyk or Chisora would be more fun and competitive than Chisora vs Usyk though.

7. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Got a timestamp for when he hurt AJ?

My point is under current management that if Parker doesn't have the skill to outbox guys like AJ, or comphrehensively outbox guys like Takam and Whyte then he's going to be relying on a KO vs someone like Usyk. Unfortunately he also lacks the timing to land heavy and impactful punches. It seems the downside of his good conventional technique is that elite fighters can see his combos coming a mile away and brace/ride them.

Something about being 5 times bitten (no pun intended). We've been told Parker is going to put the world on notice since the Hughie fight and he has failed miserably every time. The guy has the skills and a great chin, but his conditioning and training make him a real underachiever.

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  8. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    That's a fight i would like to see.

9. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    They gonna rob Parker again.

Too much money potential with the Euros

10. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Chisora is tailor made for any top ten fighter. thus why he has only beaten one. a 39 year old by hail mary ko while far down on the cards.

velagod and Big Ukrainian like this.
  11. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    Who was he robbed against to begin with?

12. Lith

Jul 16, 2010
    It's a bit debateable with AJ as realistically most of us expected AJ to win and AJ was never really in trouble against Parker, so there is no sign that Parker should have won that fight - BUT he got an incredibly rough shake in the fact that the ref never would allow Parker time to operate in range so we never know. He still manage to do a few things which AJ really didn't like. If Ruiz was in Parker's position at the same event then he would not have won that fight either.

Parker's loss against Whyte is pretty much a parallel with Pacquiao's loss against Horn, whichever side of the fence you sit with the outcome of those fights

Oakland Billy Smith likes this.
  13. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    What has that got to do with Eastern Europeans then? Brits have the judges and ref's paid off, EE's do not.

14. Lith

Jul 16, 2010
    Usyk is with Matchroom now

15. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    Well, lets see what happens then. Parker hasn't ever looked great against top competition. Definitely better than Chisora though.