Usyk vs Witherspoon

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Big Ukrainian, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I haven't seen much of Witherspoon, but I had a brief glance at a handful of his fights and I think he's a bit better than many are making him out to be. I watched a few minutes of his loss against Arreola and the later was really bringing the heat and cracking him with bomb after bomb in quick succession so I'm not surprised he got taken out in that one. In fact, he did well to make it out of the first round.

Timestamped

This content is protected

Tramell and minemax like this.
  2. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Chazz already lost with that walk out song.

3. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I met him hung out with him, so I back mines even in a time of despair..as I read his corner stopped it. Not Usyk himself. Right in that he couldnt put him down.

4. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Usyk wasn't trying to put him down,he stepped back a few times while openings he made.

Chazz a better fighter then ppl think but he should concentrate in mentality and if he wants to win big fights,he should more concentrate his walk out song bc that told me hes not here for war already at a disadvantage he NEEDED to be, that goes for Bakole to when he lost to Hunter . Come correct or suffer a potential loss this isn't a friendly conference of a church meeting.

Tramell likes this.
  5. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm at a disadvantage not seeing the fight but am about to. From what I have been reading I think I understand. There were chances that Usyk chose not to, wether to carry Chazz or not I dont know, but I hear your point.

But because he didn't try, still allows me to say: He won't get dropped. Didn't get dropped. He might have taken a beating and never fallen, we don't know.
    BTW, was it a church song he came out to? Hey if Hopkins can come out with old geezer singing Hop did it his way with some buffalo women...:cbiggrin:
    Then I guess Chazz can come out to whatever he did...I think if we had a primed Chazz? He still loses , but in a gun fight.
    No win scenario for Usyk IMO. He beat a guy who wasnt ranked, had no intentions of fighting this month or next month. You & I both know those aren't excuses, they are facts.
    Usyk KO's Chazz. He was supposed to. He goes the distance. here comes the Usyk-hate train- he's over rated. Nothing good was supposed to come from a 2 week substitute with a man whose nickname is the gentleman.
    Sounds like an Eddie Murhpy movie no one wants to see.:afro:
    This content is protected

6. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    The thing with Usyk is he’s an elite boxer. He wears people down and at heavyweight he will be frustrating in that Thea big guys will be peppered with shots and when they fire back he’s not there.

He will be interesting to watch. He said tonight he was trying to get the fight to last a few more rounds before getting him out of there.

7. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Did you see the fight? It was obvious that Oleksandr Usyk was looking for the rounds. But don't let objectivity get in the way of bias.

Jackman65 and Malph like this.